Why won't the website remember my request to recognise my device?

I have been using the same device from 2011 when I first started Online Banking. I have not, knowingly, changed any of my settings, as Tesco suggest, so why is my device not being recognised??? I can't even get past the first "Username" screen to enter either my password or security code , so why has Tesco altered their system, which worked well, even up until I printed my previous Credit Card statement 13th July, 2019??
    I suspect that you will have to wait for a response from Tesco.I do not have a bank account with Tesco but i do have a credit card account & like you i have never altered anything since the account was created.I started getting the "this device is not recognised ",must be something like 2 years ago possibly more.
    Unlike you i can click through the pages

I get the page asking for my user name,i enter it,click next & i get a page asking for 2 digits from my security number,i enter those & on the same page i get this device is not recognised,i click the box,recognise this device ,click next & igo to a page asking me if i want a text or a phone call for the one off code,i click text,there is a box there to enter the code,once entered i can then enter my password & my account opens.

Quite an annoying performance,but going by the replies i've received i'm stuck with it unless i go mobile banking,no chance of that, or i do not clear cookies,no chance of that because i always clear cookies.
    Not much help for you but that's my problem & apparently i can't do anything about it.So i'm stuck with getting the code.

Your problems seem to be bigger than mine,hope you sort them soon.