Using a Tesco Bank Credit Card as a clubcard

I just received a Tesco Bank Credit Card (haven't activated it yet). It should act as a clubcard to collect points - but there's no barcode on it, so I don't understand how it can be used for scan and shop. So I ordered a new clubcard, and selected 'I never had a clubcard' as the reason why. The confirmation page said the new clubcard will have a different number etc and so I guess the clubcard number on my credit card won't be valid.... Can the new clubcard be linked to my credit card account? Will it still work with my credit card? All I wanted was a clubcard with the same number but a barcode, like the keyfob ones!!
  • 3 Replies

Employee
    Hi , your Clubcard number is printed on the reverse of your card and acts as a normal Clubcard as well as a credit card. All of our credit cards have a unique Clubcard number on them. When you applied for the card we would have asked you to enter your existing Clubcard number, if you did, your credit card with it's unique number would be linked to your existing Clubcard account and points would automatically transfer over. As you have recently got a new card you can message Tesco on Facebook or contact Clubcard to arrange a merge on 0800 591 688 (open 8-8 weekdays, 9-6 on Saturday). I hope this helps - Ash
    Supervisor
    Hello there, I've not used Scan as You Shop in some time now as the store in which I work doesn't have it (yet); with your Tesco Bank Clubcard credit card you might've been able to use the magnetic stripe on the side of the SAYS machine?
    Thanks , I hadn't thought of using the magnetic strip on the card reader (honestly SAYS is such a life-saver!) I ordered a new clubcard which I've now received, and it looks like my Tesco Bank credit card has been linked to the same account, so no more confusion :)