Need to reset password on an unrecognised device

Hi I’ve recently upgraded my phone so the online bank doesn’t recognise my device. I’ve never logged in to my account from another computer (trusted device) and need to reset my password which I entered incorrectly 3 times. Can you help?
  • 5 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi, I'm sorry for the late response. If you need immediate access to your account. You can call our Online Helpdesk on 03453003511 anytime and request your details reset by SMS, however you must be able to complete telephone security before we can arrange this. Alternatively, we can arrange to reset your details by sending a code in the post which will allow you to continue your log in. This can take between 3-5 business days to arrive and will be valid for 30. Please get back in touch with your full name, DOB and postcode should you like a code by post. If sending your personal details then please ensure a space is left between each of the characters as shown below - Ross

A B 1 2 C D

2 2 0 6 2 0 1 7
    I also need to reset my password on an unrecognised device because I have a new computer.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , you will receive a message on screen advising your computer is unrecognised from time to time and this is due to the cookies being cleared from your web browser; this is how we recognise a customer’s device. Normally when this message pops up you should be able to continue your log in by requesting a One Time Access Code to your mobile phone or landline. What would prevent you from completing this process would be part of your security being locked.

If this is the case, we can send you a Temporary Security Number (TSN) through the post which will reset your online banking and allow you to get logged in again. This can take between 3-5 business days to arrive and will be valid for 30 days – if you would like me to arrange this for you, please send a message to with your full name, DOB and postcode. Alternatively, you can call our Online Helpdesk anytime on 0345 300 3511 and request a TSN to be sent by text immediately once security is completed.
    On the look out
    please send
    mi Temporary Security Number

- - - Updated - - -

please send
    mi Temporary Security Numbe
    Community superstar
    Hi @Kucharczyk1308
    I see you want a temporary security number.
    The best way forward would be to send Tesco Bank a private messsage with you query.
    Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securey and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your request.
    You will receive a reply to your private message.
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H