New Credit Card Blocked Already - Not impressed

I activated my new credit card just yesterday - i tried to make one cash withdrawl and the amount was declined so ended up having to make withdrawls for two smaller amounts which went through. I tried to make another one (as i couldn't get the amount i needed yesterday and assumed there was a daily limit) and this was also declined. I rang Customer Service who told me there was a cap on the amount you can get as cash advance, first of all he told me it was half my limit, when i pointed out that if that's the case i shold be able to withdraw more - then he said it wasn't half my limit - that it was less than that, but that i could continue to use my card online or in store - I tried in store and it was declined again, twice. I rang customer service back again and was told there is now a block on my account (since making first call to C/Service this morning - I was put on hold for 10mins - and told they'd arrange a call back - about a half an hour later I received a call back from a lady to say it will be Monday before they return my call. So far I am not impressed with the card/service as firstly i was mis informed and now have to wait for 2 days to find out what's the problem - I am worried theres a serious issue - because the lady mentioned they have to go thru further checks with me? How is this possible after just one day of having activated my card?thanks
  • 5 Replies

• Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Hi Michelle,Received a callback thismorning from a lovely lady called Hannah - she went through a few thngs with me and explained the situation - it's perfectly understandable now - very happy with follow up and explanation given - all sorted now. thnksrebecca
    Employee
    Hi ,

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced!

Can you please send us a private message or DM on either Facebook or Twitter and include your DOB, full name and postcode so that we can look into this further for you?

For reference, the limit on cash withdrawals from a credit card is 50% of your overall credit limit and the maximum you can withdraw per day is £300. However I'm aware that doesn't explain the block that's now on your card and we'll certainly look into this further when you confirm your details.

- Michelle
    Hi Michelle,Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond to my message. Can you tell me the facebook / twitter account i need to send the message to? i'm not sure who to send it to.thank you so muchkindest regardsRfennell
    Hi Michelle,Message sent via facebook nowthank you so much for taking the time to assist me with this issue.I really appreciate itkindest regardsRebecca
    Employee
    Hi , I’m glad to hear this is now all sorted and that it makes sense. Thanks for letting us know.