Good and bad experiences with Tesco Bank

Hi everyone,I've just joined Tesco Bank.I have a current account and instant access savings account.
    What does everyone think of Tesco's as a bank and what experiences have you had,Good or Bad.
    Many Thanks,
    Kev.
  • 2 Replies

I've had bad experiences but it is partly the fault of financial services in general rather then Tesco alone. And also the fact that dealing with numbers seems to be a problem with me. I'll get a phone number muddled between you telling it to me and my attempt to write it down. Twice I've been charged £12 for late payment by Tesco. The first time Tesco was doing a payment reversal for no reason I could figure on a standing order I had set up. So I set up a payment from another account - it worked - but I got the minimum payment wrong by £5 less than it should have been. I will complained about the fine but I don't expect to get a result. The first mistake was not mine but is unclear as to what it is, the second was a small error by me that could have been corrected if I'd had a warning rather than a fine. So watch out. Only financial services, estate agents and lawyers seem to get away with hefting additional fees for things that don't cost them anything like the fee levied.
    I wonder if a direct debit payment was taken twice in error by Tesco, they would fine themselves or, pay compensation of £12? . . . . . . . .Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!