How long does it take for a money transfer to finish?

Hi,

I am new to this. I got my foundation credit card and had the option to do a money transfer to my normal bank account which i did on sunday 26th Feb. When will this be in my bank account as the available balance is shown, so it has been processed but i was expecting it today in my account and i have checked all the account and all the details are correct
  • 36 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi @vinnichohan73, can i just check that you have activated your credit card? You would need to activate the card before the money transfer would complete. Has the transfer now completed? If not please send a private message to so we can look into this.

Please note: don't include the @ symbol when putting in the contact details via private message, just .

In the message explaining your situation, include your name, date of birth, and postcode.

For details like your DOB, postcode and phone number, we ask for you to format it with additional spaces, i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 and 0 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 otherwise the information is removed by the system.
    How long does it take for a money transfer? Would it be transferred same day?
    Employee
    Hi @Abid1412,

If you request a money transfer before close of business on a working day (before 5PM) then this will be processed and in your chosen account by the end of the next working day.

If you request this after 5PM or on a non-working day then it will be 2 working days later (e.g. if you request this on a Saturday it would typically reach the account by the following Tuesday, however, if you requested this before 5PM on the Monday then it would also be in the account on the Tuesday).

I hope that helps!

Michelle
    Hi . I've recently made a credit card money transfer to a Lloyds Account to pay for a holiday deposit. This transaction was made on 29th April but due to the Bank Holiday weekend wasn't actioned upon until 2nd May. The recipient notified us to say that they had received no monies. I rang Tesco on the 3rd May and was told that this hadn't been sent yet and would either be done that day or at latest the following day. The recipient notified us again and told us that again no monies had been received. We left this until after the weekend but again these monies failed to materialise on the Monday. I again contacted Tesco and they assured me that these had been sent but couldn't give me any proof of the transaction taking place, which I find in today's climate unbeliveable. They then told me that these monies reaching the recipients bank account would have no name only the sort code from Tescos themselves. At the minute the recipient is still saying that no monies have been received there end and its a case of who to believe and this money has been charged to my account. I had done this by credit card to safe guard against fraud but have been totally befuddled by Tesco's blasé attitude and failure to confirm prove of this transaction taking place so we can at least email this to the recipient.What can I do next as it looks like we will lose our holiday?
    Hi ,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with a money transfer you requested. Generally they should reach the destination in 2 business days at the latest. I would appreciate it if you could send a message to including your full name, DOB and postcode so we can find your account and research this further for you. Please make sure to space your details like this so the system doesn't delete them: Postcode A B 1 2 3 C D
    - Tristan
    I made a transfer to my bank account and it's been 24 hours but there has been no sign of it. My credit card balance has shown to have decreased but it hasn't come up on my activity. What can I do?
    Employee
    Hi @Salfouadi, sorry to hear that your payment hasn't arrived yet. When you make a money transfer, it takes a full working day to be processed and sent to the receiving account. For example, if you made the transfer before 5pm on the 27th, you'd have the money in your account before midnight on the 28th. If the transfer was made after 5pm on the 27th though, the money wouldn't arrive into the account until today, the 29th.

If the funds don't arrive today, call our team on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and we'll be able to investigate this further.
    Hi I transferred money from my credit card to my current account on sunday but it still hasn't gone into my current account and I still haven't received it and it's Tuesday! What do I do?!
    Employee
    Hi @Sophieb27022015, sorry to hear that your money hasn't arrived yet. When you make a transfer to a current account, it takes a full working day to be processed and sent to your personal bank. If the transfer was requested on Sunday, then Monday would be the day for it to be processed and we'd then expect the money to be in your account before the close of business on Tuesday.

If the money hasn't arrived in your account by today, call our team on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and they can check on this for you.