Credit card bill paid, but payment isn't showing up on my online statement

I have paid my monthly bill online, received an email of acknowledgement but 6 days later my online statement does not show it as paid!
    I have some serious hospital bills to settle this weekend and am now unsure of my credit available.
    I am not phoning customer services as I'm in the Philippines and do not have sufficient credit on my phone to handle call direction menus and anyway the error on my bill is not my mistake.
    I am furious that Tesco cannot be contacted via email for a "simple" issue such as this.
    I also have to admit that in my advance years I hate having to use these community forums that are really a cheap way of fobbing the customer off.
    What other choice do I have?
  • 20 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi @Rehclark

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Payments made by faster payment and including your Credit Card number as a reference this should be showing as completed on your online banking by the next working day.
    If you made a debit card payment this can take up to two working days to clear.
    As we're coming up to Bank Holiday's it could take a little longer as banking works on working days.
    When I make a one off payment to Tesco for my credit card I get an email thanking me for the payment.

You could send Tesco Bank a private message and ask them to look into this for you.

Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response

Have a lovely Easter weekend, Caz @25H
    Employee
    Sorry to see that the payment is still not showing on your account - has your available balance been updated at all? We don't use email to communicate with customers as it's not a secure method of communication, but we do have a Facebook & Twitter account which our customers can use to contact us for general queries. We also have a phone number which can be used from abroad for our credit card customers; this is +441268 508 027 and advisors are available 24/7.
    If you send a private message to with your full name, DOB and postcode with a space between each character we can see if there is anything we can advise of to help you.
    I have tried to pay my credit card balance 3 times on the website but the details of my card keep saying error even though after checking them thoroughly they are all correct?
    I eventually paid it through my bank website but how long winded was that especially as I was in my tecos account already what an effort!
    Hello, my minimum payment is due in a few days. I have already transfered money (more than the min payment) within the payment period but it still states that the minimum payment is required at the top of my statement. Does that ever zero out or will it always say that the min payment amount is required?
    Thanks!
    Employee
    Hi @wrootes and @lqydat1, thanks for getting in touch. If you're having problems making a payment with your registered card, it might be worth deleting the card and adding it back onto the website to see if it works. Let us know if it does!

As for the minimum payment, the website will always let you know what the statement minimum is, even if the payment has been made. If you use our mobile app, available on iOS and Android, it'll always update to let you know when the payment has been received. You can also check your recent transactions on the website as well :-)
    My mother paid the balance on my credit card but it is not showing up. Why is this??
    Employee
    Hi , it depends on the way she paid. If she paid by debit card then this can take up to 2 working days to clear and may not show on the account the next day. If you want to check that the payment has definitely been taken successfully then please call our customer services team anytime on 0345 300 4278 and my colleagues can confirm this. You can see the different clearing times of different payment methods on the back of your monthly statement.
    The payment has gone in but it's not showing on my available funds?
    Employee
    I'd suggest giving us a call on the above number , as my colleagues will look into this for you.