Contactless credit card request

Along with the many complaints about Tesco's failure
    to offer the option of a non-contactless credit card
    I would like to add mine. I have requested and been refused non-contactless by Tesco apparently " it's not my money anyway"
    I have just received non-contactless cards on request from 2 other banks
    without a problem.Having used the Tesco card for decades - albeit far less since the reduction in rewards,
    I will now stop using it completely and destroy the card.I have been defrauded once before via Tesco's card through a rogue retailer
    I was refunded but it is a very nasty experience and IT IS my money that's being stolen
    and it is ME that is the victim of crime.
    The very fact that someone could be waltzing around spending on my card
    without my knowledge is worrying and the attitude of Tesco that it's OK to have an insecure system
    because you can have the money back is ludicrous..
    I am careful with my cards, I have never lost or had it stolen but there is always a first time
    especially with the scanners that crooks are using now.
    Thieves must think it's Christmas when they get their hands on these - intelligent system or not.
    Sinply a cost cutting exercise by Tesco but will be a card cutting exercise for me.p.s. Your system rejected two of my regular email addresses when registering
    not spammed just not delivered - had to use gmail ! Soon to be ex customer Comments ?
  • 2 Replies

Employee
    Sorry about this, . We are unable to comment on services offered by other banks I’m afraid. We first started to offer contactless due to the high demand from our customers, and we have found that a small percentage of customers would prefer a non-contactless card. All contactless cards are protected from contactless fraud, this is something we take seriously. If any fraudulent transaction were to occur, we would put you back in the same financial position before any fraud occurred. We have a full security section on our website: http://www.tescobank.com/security/. I appreciate this may not be the response you were looking for. However, we value your input and will log your comments as feedback so we can take this on board going forward.

Regarding the issue with your email, which email provider(s) did we decline before your gmail account was accepted?
    I can understand why tesco can't comment on other banks mainly because it can't compete with other banks services by supplying non-contactcless cards, providing e-mail communication via it's website or on-line chat and by failing to address it's customers concerns re security - which i can only assume is for financial reasons. Offering to compensate it's victims due to avoidable fraud is unnacceptable and encourages crime it is also an indication of it's attitude to customer concerns regarding security. Virgin emails btw ntlworld.com and virginmedia.com - never have problems with other banks but i'm sure Tesco can't comment on that