Credit Card Complaint

I would like to make a formal complaint regarding my Tesco Bank Credit Card and a recent purchase i made. Despite numerous phonecalls, i have been told conflicting information every time so i am now using this forum in hope of getting answers. I tried to book a holiday last week (total cost of holiday over £2000) with my Tesco Bank credit card. Payment was declined. I rang Tesco who told me the payment was declined as it was classed as 'unusual activity'. At the time i thought this was great that Tesco were spotting activity like this and trying to combat against fraud.I was told the stop on my card had been lifted and i could go ahead and try to purchase the holiday again. I tried to book the holiday again but payment was declined again. I rang Tesco and was told that both transactions had been put through to the holiday company!! In order to get my money back i now needed the holiday company to fax Tesco to confirm that my booking had not been completed. I did this but after 3 days received no update from Tesco. I rang again and was told that even if they did receive the fax, this would be no good as both payments had been submitted to the holiday company. Why were the payments sent to the holiday company - surely you could see on my file how many times i had phoned up about this?! So i have now spent over £4000 on my credit card and have received nothing to show for my money and no-one seems to be able to help with how to get the money refunded back onto my card. Please can someone investigate this matter and respond with a solution as soon as possible.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hello

Firstly I would like to apologise that you've received conflicting information when calling to resolve this matter. We will do our best to put things right for you. So that we can investigate this and resolve, we'll need your details to be sent on. Can I ask that you get in touch via our account by sending a private message? We'll need your DOB, postcode and if you could copy and paste the information in your post that would be great.

When sending your personal details please ensure you leave a space between each of the characters as shown below.

A B 1 2 C D
    0 8 0 2 2 0 1 7