Latest Mobile Banking App update – 3D Touch and Money Transfers

Former Community Manager
    We’ve made a couple of new additions this week. The first is integrating Apple’s 3D Touch to our app. This feature, which is available to all of our app users who have an iPhone 6S device or newer, will use 3D Touch to open up a menu of shortcuts, or “Quick Actions" as Apple calls them, into our app.

So, for example, if you want to jump straight into paying your credit card bill, simply press and hold our app icon and select "Pay Credit Card", input your log in details and you'll go straight to the credit card payment journey. You’ll also be able to jump to other features, including making a payment, making a Balance Transfer or viewing your scheduled payments. It makes it just that little bit easier to get things done, so you can get on with what really matters.

[img]/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/193i0C612A5654907DE7/image-size/original?v=v2&px=-1[/img]
    On top of that, we’re really pleased to be able to say that you can now move money from a credit card to a bank account using our app - this is called a Money Transfer. This feature, alongside the ability to activate your card, complete a credit card balance transfer and set up a Direct Debit, makes the app the easiest way for new customers to set up with their Tesco Bank Credit Card.

We’ve taken recent feedback from our balance transfer feature and made our money transfer journey just as easy and straightforward. Take a look at the journey here:
    [img]/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/194i091D636A0DD93934/image-size/original?v=v2&px=-1[/img]
    Money transfers, simply put, allow you to transfer a balance from your credit card straight to a selected bank account. Find out more about our Money Transfer credit cards.

With all of our recent additions to the app, such as the ability to activate your card, setting up Direct Debits or completing balance transfers, we think these features help our customers to manage their credit card account wherever they are. If you want to let us know what you want to see in the app, make sure to leave us a comment below.
  • 9 Replies

I'm trying to get this to work on my Oneplus 3T phone and I can't get it to work. Can you assist?
    Employee
    Hi thanks for the quick feedback. Can you tell us a little bit more information please? What operating system is your OnePlus3T on? Is the problem occuring when you are downloading the app from Google Play or when you are launching the app?
    I'm trying to get the 3D touch to work. I'm running Android Marshmallow.

Incidentally the App all doesn't work at all on my Pixel C - that's running Android 7
    Employee
    The 3D Touch functionality is actually a new Apple technology for newer iPhones that we've integrated into our new release (2.0.0), so is unfortunately not something that is available for Android phones. You will however be able to make use of the new Money Transfer feature if you are a Tesco Bank Credit Card customer.

Regarding your Google Pixel C, our app isn't supported by tablets and is only available to download on Android phones. As a result of the many screensizes/resolutions for Android tablets, our app has limited compatibility. We've decided not to make this available for download on tablets. It is not currently in our plan to make this available, however if those plans do change then we will let you know via The Community.
    Oh, another iPhone specific feature? How disappointing. You really do need to make functions equal across platforms. You do Apple Pay but not Android Pay etc.

I thought this 3D stuff would work as the twitter promo clearly said download on the Play store. Why say that if it doesn't work.

I've already noted elsewhere how sick I am of you guys promoting balance transfers. You even do it in app now? It really encourages people into reckless borrowing practices and I'm thinking of reporting it to the Ombudsman. I'm going to track how many times you attempt to entice me into transferring a balance transfer in 2017 and ask the ombudsman if it is acceptable or reckless.
    Employee
    Thank you for your comments on this although I am very sorry to read of your disappointment, I will be sure to feed all your comments back regarding the app and the frequency of our marketing.
    Thanks for the feedback - sadly I've just received another 0% promotion via email. It really is quite tiresome.
    Employee
    I am so sorry about this . I can arrange for all marketing to be stopped, I would just need your consent for this please.