Faster payment

Every Saturday from anywhere from say 3pm to 4pm if you get money transferred to your Tesco bank account by fast payment you won see it until sometime Sunday morning or even afternoon without fail. Iv'e complained about it to deaf ears this still happens even if they are not down for maintenance. Any money transferred to your account on saturday afternoon will disappear no matter what until sunday sometime. No other bank gives you this problem of transferring funds they all work and dont stop for over twelve hours every single saturday to sunday like tesco bank. One the tesco forums touches on this and say's faster payment might take longer from 4pm Saturday to sunday morning and rambles on about maintenance which garbage as and misleading as it will still happen if no maintenance going on. Also forum says might take longer well its a fact that transfers won't from saturday afternoon to sunday. Tesco bank needs tell it like it is and not put half baked explanations fully aware that what they are saying is a lie. They know exactly what happens with tansfers during those time so and explain why they are the only bank to have over 12 hours of not being to transfer the same time the same day every week even if there is no maintenance. Also how they handle certain bacs like wages and gov payments due on a monday. I know my work sends my wages if due on a monday on a friday and that tesco bank could but does not act like some other banks who like tesco have recieved the money but the difference is those banks put the salary etc in on the saturday instead keeping hold of it and crediting it on a monday like tesco bank instead keeping and getting a little exta interestwhatever it is.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm very sorry to hear that you've had issues with your transfers. Our Faster Payments take longer at the weekend as our provider performs essential maintenance during this time, this also affects transfers coming into your account. Any payments made after 4pm on a Saturday will arrive by 6am on Sunday. Any other Faster Payments are usually completed within the first 2 hours although can take up to 24 hours on occasion. This is normal timescales for Faster Payments.

BACS transfers take 3 working days to arrive in the destination account. This does not include weekends or bank holidays. I'm sorry for any inconvenience these timescales may have caused.