Requesting a One Time Access Code

Employee
    Hi @nasakhtar1, I can see that you've sent us a private message now. You'll receive a reply this morning!
    I'm not usually dumb at logging into accounts on;ine, but this tesco account has put paid to that idea! even make it hard to get help!
    Employee
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems finding help @Nina7of9. If you head to our Community page here, and follow the steps in the first post, we can help.
    i need a tempoary access code has im told my security no is blocked and my machine is not recognised what do i do now
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. You will receive a message on screen advising your computer is unrecognised from time to time and this is due to the cookies being cleared from your web browser; this is how we recognise a customer’s device. Normally when this message pops up you should be able to continue your log in by requesting a One Time Access Code to your mobile phone or landline. What would prevent you from completing this process would be part of your security being locked.

We can send you a Temporary Security Number (TSN) through the post which will reset your online banking and allow you to get logged in again. This can take between 3-5 business days to arrive and will be valid for 30 days – if you would like me to arrange this for you, please message us @Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB and postcode.

Alternatively, you can call our Online Helpdesk anytime on 0345 300 3511 and request a TSN to be sent by text immediately once security is completed.
    I’ve been trying to log in to look at the insurance policy I took out with you yesterday-I have the policy number and it keeps saying I’m not recognised. I’ve tried to ring you and sent a message via Facebook and no one is replying/answering. It’s quite annoying
    Employee
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch, sorry we haven’t replied to your Facebook message. Can you please send us a private message using @Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB, postcode, policy/reference number and the best contact number you'd like us to send a One Time Access Code to? - Lewis
    I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to log in to my Tesco Bank account on line. It appears that no device I possess is currently recognized by Tesco. I enter the username and arrive at a screen telling me that the device is not recognized and I need a new security code. Two big problems here:

1 - No code has been texted to me - and there is no obvious way of initiating this. My mobile number is known to Tesco Bank, has never changed, and has previously received messages from Tesco Bank.
    2 - My 'Security Number is locked' which means I have no way of entering a new security number even if I had received it!

I have funds in the account which I cannot access!
    To say I am frustrated and annoyed is an understatement!

I need a solution to this issue soon.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , you will receive a message on screen advising your computer is unrecognised from time to time and this is due to the cookies being cleared from your web browser; this is how we recognise a customer’s device. Normally when this message pops up you should be able to continue your log in by requesting a One Time Access Code to your mobile phone or landline. What would prevent you from completing this process would be part of your security being locked.

If this is the case, I can send you a Temporary Security Number (TSN) through the post which will reset your online banking and allow you to get logged in again. This can take between 3-5 business days to arrive and will be valid for 30 days – if you would like me to arrange this for you, please send a private message to with your full name, DOB and postcode.

Alternatively, you can call our Online Helpdesk anytime on 0345 300 3511 and request a TSN to be sent by text immediately once security is completed.