Credit Limit Query

I have deliberately set a credit limit on my Tesco credit card to £2,000. I don't want any more, and each month I pay the balance off 100%. I make sure there is never any residue credit left on the card. This month Tesco seem to be playing silly beggars and I don't understand why. According to my online account the card has a £2,000 credit limit, which is what I want. When the statement came through on 5th November I paid the whole amount due via a direct debit from my HSBC account - as usual. Subsequently in the days that followed that transaction did take place - the credit card account was credited and the bank account debited. Fine. However, whilst the online Tesco account shows the correct credit limit of £2,000 it reports that the account is £357 in debit (correct - I've spent that amount since 5th November). But I only have £557 credit remaining on the card. How can I have a credit limit of £2,000, accumulated debt of £357 - and remaining credit of £557???? The remaining credit should surely be credit limit minus debt, but it isn't. Tesco seems to be applying a strange algorythm where 2+2 does not equal 4.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi @BobD583

Sorry to hear about the confusion around the account and the current balance.

Please send us a private message with your name, DOB and postcode to our Tesco-Bank account and we can look into this further for you. When you send your details, please leave additional spaces between the characters, eg A B 1 2 C D