Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Tesco Finest Credit Card
    08-11-16 , 14:02

I have one of the above cards...very old. Could someone please tell me what benefits it gives me over other Tesco cards, or are there none ?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Tesco Finest Credit Card
    14-11-16 , 23:14

So, I assume nobody knows ? Based upon that , I think I'll cancel it.There are plenty of other competitive cards out there.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 67

15-11-16 , 14:37

Hi @Mikeact

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The Tesco Finest Card is no longer offered, which is why you may not have found any details about the card online.

The account offers Clubcard points when you use the card for purchases. Used in a Tesco, you get three points for every £2 spent, one point for every £8 used in other stores or online and one point for every £1 spent on fuel at a Tesco petrol station.

I hope that helps, but please come back to us if you have any other questions.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 2

05-01-17 , 18:02

Scott, Can you clarify this please? The three points for every £2 is *additional* to the points you would get if you used a regular (non-credit card) clubcard at a rate of 1 point per £1 spent? Which would mean, in other words, the benefit of the Finest Platinum visa card is actually just getting you an extra single point per £2 spent in Tesco? So, as a real world example, if I had a regular (non-credit card) clubcard I would get 500 point sfor £500 spent but if I had used the PF Visa card I would have still spent £500 but I would have 750 points instead? Many thanks in advance for clarification, Andy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 7

06-01-17 , 15:36

There used to be a big advantage but they took it away last year. I mainly use other cards now.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 40

07-01-17 , 12:18

Hi

Yes so technically you'll get 6 points if you were to spend £4 or 9 points if you were to spend £6 and so on. If you were to use a normal clubcard you would still get 1 point per every £1 in store or at Tesco.com. I know this may seem like you are not getting any benefit however it's a credit card first and in addition to that we offer you the extra clubcard point.

If you only use the credit card for the purpose of getting points then you wouldn't earn as much as you would using a standard clubcard.

I hope this helps.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 2

09-01-17 , 16:26

Thanks for the clarification. I'm surprised they even gave us a new one given they aren't offered any more, sadly yhe lack of reward and the fact it has no contactless or Apple Pay ability has probably consigned it to the 'emergency only' catagory. I'll use my Virgin Atlantic Amex/Visa pair from now on.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap