Suspicious Activity Texts

Do not know why bank cannot send out an e-mail/text to those they sent the original message informing them of position rather than everyone worrying and wasting time on phone and social media.
    I have been trying to contact you since last night and have now- unsuccessfully - spent over 2 hours on the phone. I have identified a shortfall of over £600 between balance and funds available. Please staff call centre appropriately/provide alternative contact method, such as email/start responding to posts on this site and Twitter. You are urging affected customers to contact you at once, but making it impossible to do.
    Same issue, difference between balance and available funds. Small difference but probably a first step in fraud activity. Have given up trying to contact Tesco and if my phone provider charges above "included minutes" I will be demanding compensation. wrote:
    I have been trying to contact you since last night and have now- unsuccessfully - spent over 2 hours on the phone. I have identified a shortfall of over £600 between balance and funds available. Please staff call centre appropriately/provide alternative contact method, such as email/start responding to posts on this site and Twitter. You are urging affected customers to contact you at once, but making it impossible to do.
    esco need to review their contact system.
    Just looking
    There's now, nearly a day later, a message when phoning saying they will send new cards to everyone who received text messages. Problem being that the account I received a text message about looks fine while the account I haven't had a message for has clearly been compromised. So for which will I receive a new card? Tesco need to get a clear message to customers on what they need them to do using the various options available to them. This sort of thing can happen to any organisation but Tesco seem to lack the nous to deal with it. Can't contact Tesco except here so can only sit back, see how it pans out, and look to them for compensation afterwards.
    Tesco Statement both here and in the media that they've contacted affected customers is not true. The text I got is the same as one I had once in the past, which just tells me to contact them. It doesn't say my card has been blocked, that I'll get a new one etc.. etc.. And I can't get through to anyone. I'd like to know what this 3rd party data breach is all about - given that it's only Tesco Bank accounts that appear to be affected.
    Had text this morning about suspicious activity on one of my two accounts. When I have checked online there has been money taken from both my current accounts both for £20.63. Can't get through on phone, have already spent over an hour trying.The cards for both these accounts have never been used in any machine - in fact have never even left the house. Have to question Tesco security on accounts where cards have never been used. I also question what other details hackers can easily lay their hands on. In addition, just saying there is fraud and asking everybody to phone same number was not the smartest move in relation the the amount affected... was inevitable that there would be jammed phone lines causing stress for both affected customers and staff.Have better ways to spend a day off work
    I've tried a rew times to contact Tesco fraud line but I'm just kept on hold for quite sometime. Why don't you open an e-mail post box where customers can leave a message with contact details. These can be used when Tesco have resorces available to call back and talk? Now that could be considered a caring service.
    Just looking
    They've now sent a further text saying "We would recommend reviewing your payments and letting us know of any suspicious activity otherwise there is no need to call us at this stage". Unfortunately they don't say how we should let them know. As there is an unauthoried payment pending on an account, one they didn't text me about, that's little frustrating. Perhaps they should get Dave Lewis out of bed to give Benny Higgins a kick up the backside and for both to earn their pay.
    I received both text messages however, what concerns me more is the fact I've never used my Tesco Bank card (online, instore etc). It is still attached to the welcome letter.
    It would be helpful when the first message is updated to post the amendment as an update, not just as a change to the text - many of the comments below now look to be rather foolish - at the time they were posted they were not. Come on Tesco - get the information out to customers but don't make the customer look foolish.