Overpaying a credit card

Hi I have a Tesco credit card that I currently owe ntohing on; due to moving home i have cancelled my insurecne and tehy will be refunding the remaining balance of my policy into this account as it was the one I used to purchase the policy. Since I don't owe anything, what will happen to the money being paid in? Will it show as extra credit, will it be rejected, or will I be able to transfer it to another bank accunt fee free? Thanks
  • 5 Replies

Employee
    Hi @ianjones12345

If the refund goes back onto the credit card, you can call us on 0345 300 4278 and my colleagues can arrange the refund for you :-)
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 21-01-21 at 08:48. Reason: opening hours
    Ive overpaid my credit card due to paying off the balance but this clashing with a regular payment being made. I CANNOT get through to a person to request a refund of the overpayment
    Community superstar
    Hi @ianjones12345

If you still have your Tesco credit card you will have a credit showing on it from your refund.
    You can either use your card and spend the credit or you could transfer it to your bank account through online banking or the mobile app.
    Alternatively you could call the team on 0345 300 4278 to arrange this refund.
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @Trace50

You can request a refund for your exact credit balance on your account as a money transfer. You can do this yourself through online banking or by using the mobile app.

When this process is done you may incur a transfer fee, fear not it WILL be refunded to you in 7-10 days. The actual refund takes up to two working days to get back into your bank account.
    Hope this helps!!!
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @Trace50, thanks for getting in touch. If you have a credit balance on your account, you can request a refund for your exact credit balance on your account as a money transfer. You can do this through online banking or the mobile app.

Please note, you can only request a money transfer to move the amount of funds you are in credit by and not the amount refunded to you by the merchant. For example, if you received a refund of £300 yet are in credit of £200 (showing as -£200), please only transfer the £200. I have attached a link to show you how to do this.

If you pay your card off in full each month then we can arrange for the whole amount of the refund to be returned to you, but I will need to ask you to contact us on 0345 300 4278 to arrange this.

When we process this type of refund sometimes a money transfer fee will be applied in error. If you see this appear via online banking or the mobile app then don’t be alarmed. If you’ve only transferred the exact amount you are in credit by, we'll automatically refund this fee within 7-10 working days. I hope this helps!

https://community.tescobank.com/t5/C...ing/ta-p/33019
    Above and beyond
    Hi @Trace50,

To refund a positive credit balance to your bank account, simply complete a money transfer.

This is easily done either through your online banking account or the mobile app.

However when this type of refund is processed, a money transfer fee may likely be applied in error.

There's no need to worry if this happens, it will automatically be refunded within 7-10 working days.

Please ensure that your money transfer does not exceed the amount that your account is in credit !

Best Wishes, Chris, @CSKCrambles