Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

What if I don't want my credit card to be contactless?
    28-09-16 , 05:57

I just received my new credit card and it happens to be contactless. I cannot find any information about what I can do if I do NOT want a contactless card. Is this even still an option? Can I just not activate the contactless feature on the card? If so, how do I do that? It sounds like the first time I use it and put my pin in during a normal transaction it will then become contactless, so I seem to be stuck with it :-(
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 40

Re: What if I don't want my credit card to be contactless?
    01-10-16 , 12:31

Hi , I'm sorry but there isn't a way to opt out of having the contactless feature on your credit card :(
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 5

Re: What if I don't want my credit card to be contactless?
    21-01-17 , 11:18

I just go my new card and have the same problem I don't want contactless function on my credit or debit card due to the easier way of fraud being committed. I will leave Tesco CC till they sort this out.
    Thumbs Up

Re: How do I get a contactless card?
    21-01-17 , 11:45

ordered a replacement card but that one is contactless as well. I don't want a contactless card
    Thumbs Up

Re: Contactless Credit Card
    21-01-17 , 11:50

Lisa I feel the same as you and also will be leaving if the option is not given to us customers. Their loss not ours as there are many other CC companies that do value our custom
    Thumbs Up

Re: Deactivate contactless on debit / credit card
    22-01-17 , 20:06

I wont use my card till you do
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 67

23-01-17 , 12:02

Hi @soccergoods, I'm sorry to read that you're unhappy about our contactless cards. This was a decision we made after listening to what our customers wanted from their cards, but I'm sorry that it's not suitable for you.

We still offer the same level of protection that you would get with a non-contactless card and I'll make sure to pass on your comments about the cards. If you decide not to use the card for purchases, we also send out balance transfer offers throughout the year that might be suitable for you.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

28-01-17 , 14:31

As a customer I also vote for the option to enable/disable contactless technolgy on the card that I use. After all why would I want something that I don't require or intend to use? There seems to be other banks that offer the option of contactless or non-contactless cards.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 8

23-03-17 , 16:38

I have just recived my contactless card i phoned tesco too ask if they could change the card and was told they only do contactless cards now. I dont want a contactless card and iam now looking for a new card.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 15

25-08-20 , 23:50

"We still offer the same level of protection that you would get with a non-contactless card" This sounds direct from the contactless marketing department .........and it is not true. Unauthorised store purchases can be made with a contactless card without entering a PIN - initially up to £30, now £45.This happened to me when I dropped my Tesco card outside a Tesco - and two transactions were made by someone.This cannot happen with non-contactless / PIN. The people pushing contactless will say that fraudulent transactions will be refunded.Yes, they will be...........after 20 or more minutes of cross-examination.This is fair enough..... But how many seconds are saved by contactless ?Seriously, how long does it take to enter 4 digits ???One second ? Two at the most. If some people think that contactless is more convenient, that's fine. (Just don't force it on everyone.)But please don't pretend that contactless is as safe as PIN.It clearly isn't.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap