New to Tesco Bank

Hello, I just recently applied for a current account and credit card which have been approved. I had some questions about the club card with these cards, do you have to scan your club card when shopping with tesco with either the debit or credit card or do the cards work as the club card? I've seen a couple of different views on this, so just wanted to be sure. Thanks for any help. Just waiting for the cards in the post now.
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi ,

You won’t need to scan either cards if you're using them to pay for the goods. It will automatically collect points. You will have to scan the cards if you're paying with cash or an alternative card though.

Once you have your cards, you might have to link the Clubcard accounts together to accrue points within the same "Clubcard bank" if you have applied for both accounts at the same time. This will be able to be done over the phone by our Clubcard department on 0800 591688, open Mon - Fri 8am to 8pm, Sat 9am to 6pm and Sun 9am to 5pm.

Hope this helps :)

Stephen
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help. I think I've linked my clubcard, how do I check that points are being applied and to the same accounts?
    Employee
    Hi @Yoshi

You can check if the cards are linked by clicking here and logging into your account. If the accounts aren't showing as linked, you can call our Clubcard department on 0800 591 688 (or 0330 123 1688 on mobile) and they can check for you. They're available 8am-8pm on weekdays and 9am-6pm on Saturday and 9am-5pm on Sundays.

Let us know how you get on!