Tesco CC unusable for some hotels <6 months till card reissue

Eagle eye
    Hi,

I'm guessing there is no easy solution but we use our tesco CC for most of our purchase and generally things are ok. We even like to use it for accommodation when we are travelling but recently we have had to switch to other banks cards that have longer dates to renewal.

Is there some way when the Tesco card has < 6 months on it one can get a replacement card with new dates on it. Whilst this is probably not possible its a real shame that we cannot get points on some accommodation we may be booking months ahead on.

Any ideas ?
  • 3 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi @unwina

I'm somewhat confused!!!

I have booked accomodation on my Tesco CC months ahead even though it was due to expire.
    So long as when you book your card is within date then it should be OK.
    Or are you saying your away from home for 6 months+ and unable to get your new Tesco CC?

A solution could be to apply for a 2nd Tesco CC then the expiry dates will be different on the 2 cards so you should have 1 in date.
    My Tesco CC was replaced recently and there's over 3 years life span on it.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Eagle eye
    Hi @unwina

I'm somewhat confused!!!

I have booked accomodation on my Tesco CC months ahead even though it was due to expire.
    So long as when you book your card is within date then it should be OK.
    Or are you saying your away from home for 6 months+ and unable to get your new Tesco CC?

A solution could be to apply for a 2nd Tesco CC then the expiry dates will be different on the 2 cards so you should have 1 in date.
    My Tesco CC was replaced recently and there's over 3 years life span on it.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H

Thanks, I think i may have not been as clear as i could have been. The card was definitely in date when we tried to book.

My wife needed to book a Premier Inn in London, if one pays in advance then you can get a cheaper price I can't remember what the option was we chose but we knew we could cancel if things fell through nearer the time. She was booking up just over 6 months ahead and as our card was due to be renewed just before that date Premier Inn's system refused it.

We've had this before with other cards when paying months ahead with hotels and accommodation usually abroad. I guess the hotels want to be sure the card can be charged if we don't appear. This tends to affect credit cards more than bank cards but Tesco's stopped their bank accounts recently so no points there.

Can you have more than one Tesco CC? - I guess we could get one each perhaps, we have partner cards etc but they don't really count and are usually the same dates.
    Community superstar
    Hi @unwina

Yep, that's a lot clearer now 😀
    You can have 2 Tesco CC's each, so if you applied for another one then the expiry date will be at a different time to the one you currently have.
    Or as you say you could have a card each.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H