How to pay in a cheque to my online bank account?

I have found the address to send the cheque to in order to pay it into my online current account. It also advises to use the pay in slip provided in the back of the cheque book supplied. I wasn't supplied with a cheque book nor do I want one. Can I just include my bank account/sort code, name address in an envelope along with any cheque I want to pay in? Can someone please advise what details are needed to include with the cheques I send off? Is here an easier way to pay in a cheque to my online current account? Thank in advance.
  • 5 Replies

I have found out since after popping into my local Tesco Extra store that you can pay in cheques via the customer service desk. This is far more convenient for me. I have since had another look round the Tesco Bank website and searched and the answer to this is not there. This would have been more useful of rme and others in a similar situation. The only information I could find was to send the cheques via post an gives a postal address. It's far quicker and more convenient to do this in store as I have done today so it would be great to see how a cheque can be paid in more easily. I know cheques are dying out but they still exist for those who use them. Thanks x
    Former Community Manager
    Sorry you couldn't find this information  on the website.

It is mentioned in our FAQs - you can use the Search function here in the Community.

Hi, I am new to Tesco having a current account only for a short while. Can anyone advise on how to deposit a cheque into my account. Have founds some replies on here saying you can do this at the customer services desk, is this available in all stores? My local store is in Keynsham,Bristol? Also, although I requested a cheque book one never arrived, will I need to fill out a deposit slip in order to deposit the cheque?Hope someone can help.
    Employee
    Hi , you can deposit cheques at select stores with the facility in place. You can search for the nearest story with this capability on our store locator. The Keynsham Superstore is unable to take cheque deposits I'm afraid, the Brislington Tesco Extra can take cheque deposits however.

I'm sorry your chequebook hasn't arrived, the customer services desk wouldn't be able to take a deposit slip. Please call our customer service team on 0345 835 3353 (24/7) and my colleagues will be able to investigate why you've not received your cheque book and order a replacement for you.
    You won't be able to deposit in store from 24 September 2018. By Freepost only. You can ask Tesco Bank for a Paying in book as well to enclose with the cheques.