Cancel Credit Card

Former Community Manager
    Hi , I’m sorry to hear that you wish to close your account. Is there any specific reason which I could help with? If you write to us to close your account, please include your name, postcode and signature and we will action this for you.
    If you are feeling insecure regarding any telephone numbers provided on this sight. Just call the contact number on your credit card. Go through security questions, answer no when asked if you want to hear your balance. "Say Avisor" If asked why "say private." wrote:
    I have tried calling 0345 300 4278 many times, can you please advise which options to choose to get to the correct department??
    Then when you get to speak to someone explain the reason for your call. I have found the call handlers to be very helpful.
    Employee
    Thanks for the advice @INGLIS. It's also worth knowing that if you call us on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and select option 2, enter your card number and security details, you'll also get the option to speak directly to a member of our team. That option appears after listening to the available options.
    Supervisor
    I appreciate has responded to you but for anyone else who comes across this thread I normally put the following when writing in to cancel credit cards: Account Number: 5*** 1*** 2*** 3*** 4*** Dear Sir/Madam, I wish to close my credit card account I currently hold with you. All outstanding repayments have been made to the account; in the event of any trailing interest please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest possible convenience so I can settle the balance. Please find the card enclosed; it's been securely destroyed along the magnetic stripe and card number. Thank you for your help in the above matter. Yours faithfully, Ms. A Specimen
    Above and beyond
    Hi lauramagraham ! I'm pleased to see that this is now solved. Kind Regards