0% credit card

Fresh Eyes
    Hi there,

I got a new credit card and have 14 months no interest on purchases. I made a transaction that was a "cash transaction". As I understand this does not have 0 intrest as it is not classed as a purchase. Anyway, I have paid that off now so will my purchases still have 0% intrest?

Many thanks
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi @Samanthvb, thanks for getting in touch. We consider the following types of payments to be cash transactions: wire/international money transfers, repaying borrowing, purchasing non-Sterling currency outside of Tesco, payments to prepaid or virtual cards, purchasing gift cards, investments and share trading. When you make a cash transaction, we charge a fee of 3.99% and interest at your standard cash transaction rate. This is from the date of the transaction until the date this cash balance is paid.

If you make a cash transaction, you will see interest charged over two statements. The first statement will show the cash transaction fee and the interest from the date of the transaction until the statement came out. The second statement will show interest accounting for the period between the first statement coming out and the balance being paid in full. After this there’d be no more interest applied to this specific transaction. If you have a 0% rate on purchases and continue to make your minimum payment on time each month, you won't be charged any interest on regular purchases made with your credit card. I hope this clarifies things!