Card being declined for online shopping

Fresh Eyes
    I have recently received a replacement card (new number) due to my credit card being compromised. Today I tried to buy a couple of things online but my purchases were declined. I didn't receive a message from Tesco through the app for me to confirm my purchases like I usually do. My contact details are definitely all correct. Do I need to use my card physically in a shop and use my PIN before it allows me to use online? Also, I have tried to update my new card details on some accounts where I use my Tesco card to make regular payments but they won't accept my new card either. Any ideas?
    Last edited by NathalieR; 23-01-22 at 19:02. Reason: Mistake
  • 7 Replies

Your Community Expert
    I have recently received a replacement card (new number) due to my credit card being compromised. Today I tried to buy a couple of things online but my purchases were declined. I didn't receive a message from Tesco through the app for me to confirm my purchases like I usually do. My contact details are definitely all correct. Do I need to use my card physically in a shop and use my PIN before it allows me to use online? Also, I have tried to update my new card details on some accounts where I use my Tesco card to make regular payments but they won't accept my new card either. Any ideas?
    Hey, thanks for getting in touch! Your replacement card should have arrived pre-activated and ready to be used online, so we'll need to take a closer look to see what is causing this. If you send a private message here, we'll check this for you.
    Fresh Eyes
    I’ve received card today registraterd it put money in but it been declined on tesco groceries
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @Shellie775, I've replied to your other post now.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Fresh Eyes
    I got my new card today, same number but a different expiry date and 3 digit nuber on the back. Because I am a delivery saver customer, I have 3 deliveries booked for February with the old expiry date on it and went in to groceries with a view to changing the card to th is new one. I was sent text messages to confirm it was me,I kept getting told that the number wasn't correct then was told I had reached the number and to contact the Tesco bank. I did this and after 30 minutes wait spoke to someone and explained. He said phone texting had been switched off, he would switch it back on again and give it 5 minutes. I gave it more than 5 minutes and the same thing happened again, I keep getting the so called text numbers wrong, I think this could be because I am bombarded with the numbers and mayhave got muddled, have now deleted them all. I have gone back into my order placed for 5th February and with the old expiry date and 3 digit number, am still having that refused with this message
    Sorry, your bank are having problems validating your details.
    Please check you have entered your memorable information or password correctly. If you are still having problems, then try contacting your bank
    Does this mean I have to keep phoning the bank to get this sorted out. I wish I had never asked Tesco groceries to save my number, itis very frustrating, especially as i have another 3 shps booked after 5th February
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @baldybantam, please send over a DM to @Tesco-Bank and we'll be able to take a closer look.
    Fresh Eyes
    I got my new card today, same number but a different expiry date and 3 digit nuber on the back. Because I am a delivery saver customer, I have 3 deliveries booked for February with the old expiry date on it and went in to groceries with a view to changing the card to th is new one. I was sent text messages to confirm it was me,I kept getting told that the number wasn't correct then was told I had reached the number and to contact the Tesco bank. I did this and after 30 minutes wait spoke to someone and explained. He said phone texting had been switched off, he would switch it back on again and give it 5 minutes. I gave it more than 5 minutes and the same thing happened again, I keep getting the so called text numbers wrong, I think this could be because I am bombarded with the numbers and mayhave got muddled, have now deleted them all. I have gone back into my order placed for 5th February and with the old expiry date and 3 digit number, am still having that refused with this message
    Sorry, your bank are having problems validating your details.
    Please check you have entered your memorable information or password correctly. If you are still having problems, then try contacting your bank
    Does this mean I have to keep phoning the bank to get this sorted out. I wish I had never asked Tesco groceries to save my number, itis very frustrating, especially as i have another 3 shps booked after 5th February
    Similar trouble. Morrisons on four occasions state that they cannot contact card supplier. Three online purchases this week and same message. A few minutes ago CARD WAS BLOCKED message although payment was made via PAYPAL who have my Tesco cc as nominated account for payment. Appears to be flaws in the system.