Changing DD payment date

Window shopper
    I phoned on Wednesday to change the payment date of my DD and was told that there were restrictions as to when I could change it as my statement was about to be produced the next day and should try again 2 days later after the statement when the dates offered would be changed.
    2 days later and I find that the dates offered would not change and if I want to make a payment on a specific date then I would have to do this manually.
    My wife pays her DD on the 14th and I want the same.
    The only way around this appears to be to cancel my card and keep re-applying until I fall lucky. Or might not bother re-applying.
    I can understand that Tesco don't want people getting free credit on the basis of changing their DD date but this is poor service.
  • 4 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi @Lobby

I'm really sorry to hear this.

It is the Tesco team who can change this and a call on 0345 300 4278 is required. Did you call this number?

Please note that Tesco are unable to make a change to your Direct Debit details in the period 7 days before and 7 days after your next scheduled Direct Debit payment date. Does your existing Direct Debit date fall in this period?
    You can select any date between 1st – 25th of the month to make your payment. Please note however that you cannot go more than 45 days between payments. If your requested date is more than 45 days away this could result in Tesco asking you to make two payments in the one month.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Window shopper
    I phoned the 0345 number on Wednesday 19th and was told the change could happen along the lines you explained. With the statement date being the 20th I was told to phone back on Friday the 21st. Today (21st) I was told on the 0345 number that the dates available didn't change, I remarked I had changed dates on Tesco CC's to different dates before and said that it was linked to the statement date. I was told that was no longer the case. I was advised to pay by phone on the 14th of the month which would meet my requirements (what). I then asked to cancel the card as I would re-apply until I got a date that worked. I was told to cancel online. My wife's Tesco CC is debited on the 14th so feel this may well be some sort of sexual discrimination.
    Perhaps easiest if you can tell me the best date to phone given the above statement date to get this changed so I am debited on (obvs some months shortly after) the 14th as I am not making payments with the card at present so multiple monthly payments aren't an issue.
    Community superstar
    Hi @Lobby

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting anywhere with this.

You could send Tesco Bank a private message from here and ask them to see if they're able to assist you and get the payment date changed to the 14th, the same date as you're wife's.
    Click on this link: https://community.tescobank.com/priv...newpm&u=447614
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H