new credit card - clubcard or not?

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi. I've had a Clubcard credit card for years. Just got a replacement card today (yes, isn't it cheap and ugly!), and there's no mention of the word Clubcard anywhere, and no printing of my Clubcard number on it (which is very unhelpful). So, do I still get points when I use it?
    I phoned the Clubcard people, but they don't know. They can see the card number linked for past transactions, but I've not yet done any new ones on it so they can't tell that way.
    I can't get through to the credit card people on the phone - half an hour + wait, it says.
    How annoying, frustrating, time-wasting and costly (because Tesco can't even provide a free 0800 phone line and the wait times are so long that it costs a lot of money on a pay as you go line). I don't have a smart phone app thing, just laptop acess, and they don't even let you e-mail or online message them now (Why the heck not????!!!), so no option but to phone and pay, just for the simplest of query.
    Really not impressed, Tesco. Bad service, bad design, bad thought. You coped so well through the virus in the last couple of years - but lately, you've gone to pot :-(
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi. I've had a Clubcard credit card for years. Just got a replacement card today (yes, isn't it cheap and ugly!), and there's no mention of the word Clubcard anywhere, and no printing of my Clubcard number on it (which is very unhelpful). So, do I still get points when I use it?
    I phoned the Clubcard people, but they don't know. They can see the card number linked for past transactions, but I've not yet done any new ones on it so they can't tell that way.
    I can't get through to the credit card people on the phone - half an hour + wait, it says.
    How annoying, frustrating, time-wasting and costly (because Tesco can't even provide a free 0800 phone line and the wait times are so long that it costs a lot of money on a pay as you go line). I don't have a smart phone app thing, just laptop acess, and they don't even let you e-mail or online message them now (Why the heck not????!!!), so no option but to phone and pay, just for the simplest of query.
    Really not impressed, Tesco. Bad service, bad design, bad thought. You coped so well through the virus in the last couple of years - but lately, you've gone to pot :-(
    Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. Your Clubcard number is stated on the back of the card. You still collect points on the card and you can learn more about this here. Our numbers aren't free, I'm afraid, however they are charged at a local rate. I appreciate out lines are busier at the moment as our contact centres have been impacted by COVID-19, however you can contact us here for general queries, or you can message us on Facebook or Twitter if you use social media.