When do I pay off my credit card?

Just looking
    I received my credit card today. The direct debit I set up to pay the full amount off each month is set for "On or around the 1st" according to the Banking app.

I don't want to mess my credit rating up by buying something between the 15th (today) & the 1st & the direct debit not paying it off on time.

Is the payment date the day the card came, the day you set up the account or the 1st of each month?
    If it is the 1st of each month then I want to be sure it's paid off on time not "On or around" on time.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi @TsskGo

Tesco use 'on or around' dates as your chosen date will sometimes land on a weekend date.

If you're payment date is the 1st then anything you spend on your new credit card between now and the 1st Feb will go to your 1st statement. Your payment will not be taken until after your statement is produced so your 1st payment will be the 1st March.

After spending on your card you can at anytime make payments even before the statement has been produced, however to ensure extra payments are not taken with your direct debit one-off payments should not be paid within 7 days of the DD date.

I would suggest you send Tesco Bank a private message and ask them for the specific information you're looking for.
    Click on this link: https://community.tescobank.com/priv...newpm&u=447614
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

Warm wishes, Caz
    @25H