How to create bad feeling.

View Tag Cloud
    Eagle eye
    Just checking through my emails when I spotted one from Tesco's suggesting I increase my credit limit so although I don't really need it I thought why not, I'll request what they suggest as you never know the time might come when I do. Instantaneously it came back rejected so in a moment they destroyed any good will I had for them, what was the point of that. Especially insulting as over eight years I have never missed a payment, tried to overdraw or done anything that might put a black mark against my account. The mind boggles.
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hey @Worthit, sorry to hear that you weren't accepted for a credit limit increase. Emails we send aren't a guarantee of these being successful, I'm afraid. We take into consideration a number of factors when coming to these decisions, including information provided by credit reference agencies. If you want to query this further, you can speak with our Credit Cards team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm). I hope this helps!
    Eagle eye
    Thank you for your reply. I only applied because it was offered although I had no need of it, perhaps they should check their customers eligibility before making empty gestures and creating bad feeling.