Missing Loan Overpayment

Fresh Eyes
    Hi

I made a loan overpayment on Monday, via the online payment portal using a debit card. The payment has not appeared on my tesco loan account. The ammount was for a few hundred short of the balance (intend to clear next month).

I have spoken to the loan team twice now and am not getting anywhere other than they will check with the payments team as it might have gone into a holding account??? and get back to me (which they have not done).

Given its not a small amount of money (£7200) I am concerned its gone missing and dont seem to be able to make any progress
  • 1 Reply

Community superstar
    Hi @wrightpd2k

I can understand your concern due to the amount you've repaid.
    It will take time for your payment to reach Tesco Bank from your debit card account and then to be applied to your account as I've found when I've made one off payment's to my Tesco credit card account. (yep I know it should be instantly with all the technology we have today!!)

I would suggest you send Tesco Bank a private message from here and ask then to look into this for you.
    To do this click on this link: https://community.tescobank.com/priv...newpm&u=447614
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode, along with your loan details.

Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

You will receive a private message back when the team have checked it out for you.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H