Android Pay / Samsung Pay

Hi yes ..just registering my cards on android pay and find tesco dont support it Looks like another customer (me) will be heading to a new credit card.. I have been loyal customer too for years with credit card, saving account, clubcard plus etc,,.. times are a changing and tesco defo losing out See you tesco.. Thks for the good times
    Employee
    Sorry to hear this, .

We currently don't have a plans to support Android Pay on our credit cards. However, if and when this changes we'll let our customers know on this thread. I appreciate this wasn't the response you were hoping for, and I will log your comments as feedback so we can take this on board going forward. We are grateful for your input.
    Here's how it is. Tesco now has an app called PayQwik where you can set up your Tesco (and other) cards and use your 'phone to pay for goods up to £250 - AT TESCO STORES ONLY! All I'm asking for is parity. Let me use my Android Pay. Please!
    Former Community Manager
    Hi @Kulanaman, non Tesco Bank customers can also use PayQwik in Tesco stores, so this isn’t just for Tesco Bank customers. I will certainly pass on your feedback with regards to Android pay for your account.
    I apreciate your reply but please do read the posts to which you're replying. My post said, "...PayQwik where you can set up your Tesco (and other) cards...". Note the words in parentheses. I used PayQwik (such mangling of our mother tongue) for the first time yesterday and it was qwik (!!!) and easy. No complaints there but I now have two 'Pay' systems on my mobile when - if Tesco would either allow my Tesco Visa card on Android Pay or, at least, allow me to use PayQwik in any store - I would only need one. One can dream....
    Ok payqwik, is here, went to use it yesterday, offered phone up did nothing, ended up doing it old fashioned way with a card, you asst had no clue said patronisingly you have to set a card up on you phone first, so showed him the display with the card, that shut him up, but app is obviously useless, just like Tesco bank as it happens.
    I would have to agree that Payqwik is limited in its usefulness it's far quicker just to use your card in the normal way, I tried it but it's not for me, but full marks that Tesco are trying out new ideas
    Employee
    , sorry you had trouble using Pay Qwiq in-store the other day. Have you managed to use this since?
    When you tried to use this, was there an error message appearing on screen at all or did it not register that you were trying to pay via the app at all? Once we have some more info we can have a look at this and see if there's anything we can do to help.
    Apprentice
    As well as passing on the feedback, would you please explain why Tesco has not allowed us to use Android Pay? The arguments in favour seem to be logical and make a good business decision for Tesco, so please let us in on the actual secret of why you're not already offering Android Pay.
    Just to add balance to my previous comments on this thread , I tried Payqwiq again today for our weekly shop and it worked really well, I had attempted to use it before but coudnt get it to work, and as its a new method of payment the local staff had not been briefed, But today I tried it again, but this time on the self service section and it was just a case of scanning my phone in the vertical bar code scanner on the same till and it worked great Its nice to also to see my payment history on the Payqwiq app on my phone and on the Web, I will use it more now as it is faster and more effiecient, So thanks Tesco for this new payment method and the £250 limit is a great help