Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 408

Re: Android Pay / Samsung Pay
    03-11-18 , 20:13

We don't have a list. However, we do record comments on this forum as feedback.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

06-11-18 , 11:50

Very poor show Tesco. Over half of all phones purchased are Android, so to support Apple, but not Google Pay or Samsung Pay is pretty poor. And to flat have no plans to do it for over two years is something else!! I say again ... very poor show.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35

06-11-18 , 12:00

Hi , I'm really sorry about this. I'll get your comments passed through as feedback. So we can do this, please message us @Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB and postcode – Keigan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 27

06-11-18 , 12:02

Feedback that's been ignored for years sadly.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 6

14-12-18 , 20:43

Really, really disappointed that Tesco's continues to avoid enabling the Tesco credit card to be stored in the Google pay wallet.

The excuse given by them is really poor as well for a blue chip retailer.

Along with so many other people now I'm beginning to consider alternative credit card providers which I'd never have done if the capability had been there!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35

14-12-18 , 21:03

Hi , I'm sorry you feel this way. I'll certainly get your comments fed back to the appropriate team, apologies for any inconvenience.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

27-12-18 , 11:28

As far as I know no-one has yet explained why Tesco won't support Google Pay. I can't understand the logic given that you do support Apple Pay. I can accept that there might be a good reason, but why not share it? Rather than just the usual anodyne "I've passed this on" reply, would you please tell us exactly what the reason is?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 4

27-12-18 , 11:48

They just don’t support either Android or Samsung Pay Andrew ?this thread is full of posts like yours asking why, but they don't have to explain why It's just a fact at the moment, so get a card that does support Android or Samsung Pay or just use your Tesco Card to tap and Pay untill Tesco have a change of heart Happy New Year
  • heanor_man_34

27-12-18 , 12:28

Given the news Tesco are trialling higher value payments with Apple Pay before a wider rollout in 2019 I hope Tesco Bank will investigate supporting Google and Samsung Pay. I assume some of you will have done so but it's perhaps worth feeding back to Tesco using the website on the bottom of your receipts; you'll also get 25 Clubcard points/month if you do so (unless you're a Tesco employee).
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 27

27-12-18 , 19:36

The reason is simple. With Apple you couldn't have access to the NFC API so Tesco couldn't restrict iOS users to their in-house application. They had to allow Apple Pay or state that they had no Apple payment process. With Android anyone can access NFC functionality so Tesco decided to build their own app so that they can gather all your usage data. This wouldn't be too bad .... If it wasn't for the fact that the only place you can use their Android app is their own stores rendering it pointless as a generic payment solution.

Any feedback now will be passed to the IT department who won't want to get rid of the existing app as it would be putting them out of a job.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap