Android Pay / Samsung Pay

M&S bank support android pay £25 vochure when u sign up £5 vochure if you spend more than 0.01 and a points system. Bye tesco, move with the times or get left behined
    RE Tesco's decision to release contactless credit cards... I've recently taken up a Tesco Credit Card, largely becuase our car hire in the US needed one, but also to collect Tesco points etc. I dont believe my credit card with Tesco' is contactless - never looked / tried it - nor will I. Contactless cards always were a step too far - as I understand it, if you drop your contactless debit card, and I pick it up, I can put purchases on that card, up to the value of £30 per transaction, with no ID, No signature, and no security what so ever?

How does this work with contactless credit cards - is it the same?

As soon as Android Pay was released a few months back, I immediately called all my card vendors and had my contactless cards replaced with non-contactless. Android Pay is much more secure than Contactless - which has no security at all - and I now use this instead of "cards in my wallet". No longer carrying a wallet means I also no longer carry my Tesco Credit Card - which means no fees etc for them. This will be a wide spread impact on their bottom line, rather than just "annoying android users". With no fees, massive market dominance and wide spread adoption - I too can only assume that they've been tied into some exclusivity deal with Apple...  - can you confirm :

a) security on contactless credit cards, as aboveb) your plans towards android pay ? Overall, poor show  !
    Not sure where you got that info from - Tesco will, of course, still get their interchange fee's as the card issuer, even when there is a 'card not present' transaction...as will the scheme (MasterCard) and the acquirer (the company who provide the physical card reader terminal). In the case of Apple Pay, I'm sure they get a cut of the interchange fee through a settement process - likely to be much larger than Google will get through Android Pay (Mostly because the rotton fruit are a ruthless markeing machine)...
    **Bump** This has not been 'solved' - please remove the 'solved' bit from the title and answer the original question of when we are going to get Android Pay (i.e. when does your exclusivity deal with Apple expire) Many thanks
    I'm also chiming in for Android Pay. I've started using my Santander card via Android Pay in Tescos stores rather than my Tesco credit card because it's easier than getting out the plastic.
    Bump again .... really making Tesco look like a cheap/backward bank now. Lots of call for Android Pay yet still no movement from Tesco ??
    Sadly you wont get a proper reply about Android Pay - the Bank will just give you the standard, stock "we are always looking to improve the way we treat our customers and looking at new ways" type answer and then completely ignore you. If you want Android Pay then I would suggest using another Bank - Tesco will never provide it. For some reason they think we all want conactless cards instead ?? I now use another bank for all my contactless payments, as does everyone else I know who is with Tesco Bank. Shame really.
    Yes bump again from me. Tesco card has finally gone touchless but no android pay yet?? Come on tescos!
    I just don't get why Tesco support Apple pay and not Android Pay, even though MORE of their OWN customers will have Android..!devices... The only possible answers are.. i) Incompetance ii) Exclusivity deal with the overpriced rotten fruit
    Either way, it reflects badly on Tesco..!
    wrote:
    I just don't get why Tesco support Apple pay and not Android Pay, even though MORE of their OWN customers will have Android..!devices... The only possible answers are.. i) Incompetance ii) Exclusivity deal with the overpriced rotten fruit
    Either way, it reflects badly on Tesco..!To be honest, I'm not sure that they will never support Android Pay. At least, I hope you're not. They were a bit late to the Apple Pay party and Android Pay was launched a fair while after Apple Pay. And I'm not sure any of the banks have any kind of exclusivity deal with Apple. Tesco may just be a little late to this party too...