Android Pay / Samsung Pay

Former Community Manager
    Hi . I'm afraid that I'm unable to share any more information than what's been stated above. However, I can confirm that this is not in our current pipeline to introduce in the future. If that changes we will post on this forum to let our customers know.
    Even the church of england has embraced Google Pay. That makes it a more forward thinking and "high tech" institution than Tesco Bank.....

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/23/...le-google-pay/
    Apprentice
    The question that hasn't been answered is "Why?" Why have you still got this thread marked as "Solved"? Why is it "not in our current pipeline to introduce in the future"? Why do you claim that you'll respond to customers' requests, and then don't? Why do you allow Apple Pay but not Google Pay? Why should we stick with Tesco instead of moving to (what seems like) just about any other bank which does allow Google Pay?
    Employee
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. If any post on Community is accepted by a user, the thread will appear as solved. It's not our place to reverse that decision as it's been made by a customer, but we haven't locked the thread and still welcome comments and feedback.

We've promised to provide updates when we have them, but at the moment our position hasn't changed since my earlier posts. While we work to be as transparent as possible, we aren't always at liberty to explain certain decisions or any upcoming changes. As soon as we have anything we can share on Community though, we'll update the thread.
    wrote:
    If any post on Community is accepted by a user, the thread will appear as solved. It's not our place to reverse that decision as it's been made by a customer, but we haven't locked the thread and still welcome comments and feedback.As the originator of this thread I can state that I did not accept any post as a solution to the issue. Tesco set the thread to 'solved' of their own accord.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , as Scott has mentioned above If any post on Community is accepted by a user, the thread will appear as solved. This can be any user and not just the original poster. i hope this clarifies things for you.
    Hi I have been following this thread for a while now, and its claer Tesco have no current plans to implement Andriod or Samsung Pay, as a Galaxy owner I wish it was different as I like the Tesco CC and the companion App But alas at the moment Samsung Pay is not avaialble to me using my Tesco CC My answer is to use another Banks card it works well with Samsung Pay and I love using the facility and my tesco card lies dormant at the moment The other option was to keep banging on in this thread about how unfair it is but that is pointless, so I agree that the thread is soved, as at the moment Tesco are saying No to Andriod and Samsung pay so thats it, fo now, if it changes I’m surte they will let us know (Peace to all)
    Hello, I would like to add my frustration that Tesco refuses to explain why it will not accept google pay. Pretty much everyone else does, so what's the problem? I am using my Tesco CC less as a result of this policy.
    This is crazy. I've been waiting patiently for months and months now. I'm very close to abandoning Tescobank altogether if it doesn't start supporting Google Pay soon.
    Hi
    Tesco have made it clear that they have no plans to support Google or Samsung pay

So we all have to do what we have to do

I use another Banks card and it works well,with Samsung Pay

Tesco have a right to do what they want to do, and we have the same right

So get another card and enjoy your Google Pay (Peace)