Android Pay / Samsung Pay

Well said, I will be moving to a more open and progressive bank
    Agreed, they will not know whats hit them until they see their balance sheet, I am going to move banks
    Hi there, I am a loyal and longtime Tesco Bank customer. I just used Android Pay in one of Tesco's stores but had to use an alternate credit card with this brilliant app. Personally, I'd love to register my Tesco Bank Credit Card for use on Android Pay but from reading this thread it appears that this is unlikely. I hope your product development team monitor this site and view your customers appetite for this functionality. Your mobile app is great so I'm disappointedTesco are not early adopters or Android Pay. Meantime, I'll forgo my Clubcard points for the convenience of using Android Pay; however, longer term I guess there is now one less reason to pop into Tesco.
    Employee
    Hi Everyone!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you all for your comments and we are looking at each and every one of them to see what our customers are looking for.

Currently, as some of you may already know, we aren't supporting Android Pay for our accounts. This may change in the future, and it's comments like these and the ones we've had on Facebook, Twitter and over the phone that will contribute towards future decisions.

Please continue to let us know what features you'd like to see on your accounts, and if there are any updates, you'll see them first on The Community.
    Customers have been asking for this for quite some time yet still your reply is the same generic "we are looking at each and every one of them to see what our customers are looking for." Its very clear to see that we the customer are looking for contactless pay and android pay support just like most of the other big players... Why are Tesco dragging their heels on this...Please confirm you are or are not going to support this requested feature so your customers can then decide if they wish to stay or move on from Tesco Bank. We do not need generic replies that offer little to no help.. Its a simple yes or no that we require .No doubt this will be ignored as Tesco seem to have forgotten the vaule of their customers both in store and via this outdated banking service...I dont want to change my card to a competitor but if Tesco continue to ignore the future then i need to move on with a more dynamic banking system. Now can you offer a better response ?
    Many thanks  for your encouraging response - here's hoping Android Pay support won't be too long coming :-)
    Will also be looking for an alternative credit card that supports Android Pay, debit cards, trade cards, loyalty cards are all used on phone now, have to carry wallet just for Tesco credit card.
    Basically a Android pay isn't wanted by the majority, it was a late joiner with Apple Pay way ahead, you have to base your credit card at the widest market, which unfortunately isn't Android and all these different systems cost issuers money, and eventually the user, which others aren't willing to pay for. There are cards that accept android and of course all cards accept Apple.
    According to the Dec 15 figures, Android has a 52% market share, as opposed to 39% for Apple here in the UK.So I think Android Pay is wanted by the majority. I agree, that banks have to support a mutlitude of systems, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Qkir, and soon Samsung Pay. However, this has got to be cheaper fin the long run than issuing plastic credit cards. Even if it isn't - it's what the customer now wants. Admittedly Google concentrated too much on getting Android Pay running in the US whilst ignoring the rest of the world, which was a shame. Tesco knew it was coming though, and should have been in discussions with Google long before now. After all, HSBC and others have already signed up. On top of that, I still cannot believe that my recently issued replacement Tesco card is STILL NOT CONTACTLESS. A technology which has been around since Jan 2010. Best wishes,Al.
    wrote:
    Basically a Android pay isn't wanted by the majority, it was a late joiner with Apple Pay way ahead, you have to base your credit card at the widest market, which unfortunately isn't Android and all these different systems cost issuers money, and eventually the user, which others aren't willing to pay for. There are cards that accept android and of course all cards accept Apple.This isn't an Apple v Android discussion! Clearly you are an Apple Fan, good for you, I too have Apple product and they are great. However, as the previous post shows your facts are wrong and I'm not sure you can back up with fact your comments on Android Pay not being wanted by the majority. Also not all cards support Apple either, for example Barclaycard don't support Apple pay, so again you are wrong. This is about Tesco supporting features with their cards that many people want, as is clear from most of the comments in this thread. Currently Tesco are behind the times with both Android Pay support and also contactless in general. I like the fact I can collect points on my card with Tesco, however they are making it hard for me to justify staying with them if they don't support features that I want. Hopefully the amount of support this thread is getting by most people will give them incentive to bring their product features up to date soon.