Android Pay / Samsung Pay

I would love to be able to use Android Pay with my Clubcard Credit Card. Any update? Thanks A.
    I think they kinda owe us something good now..
    Another request for Android Pay support....once you've finished blocking up the holes that recently resulted in the theft of £2.5M from customers' accounts
    Hoping that this is just a timing thing. With some organisations slightly late to the Apple Pay party, Apple have enforced a period of up to 6 months during which they can be the only partner. Given that Tesco wasn't first out with Apple pay, it's possible that we are just in the interim period, and it will come next year. Really hope so, I like Apple pay on my iPhone, but I have my Android phone with me more frequently.
    Come on tesco, I just went to register my tesco credit card on Android pay and its still not available! This needs to be changed. I fine it confusing that I can register my club card but not my credit card? Fix this please
    Tesco is now the only one of my banking cards that doesn't support Android Pay and it is becoming quite irritating, particularly as they do support Apple Pay so obviously aren't against pay by phone in principle. To put this in context I fully accept that, without a doubt, this is a '1st world problem' and that the inconvenience caused is hardly the end of the world. On a personal level however I am finding the lack of Android Pay support is causing me to seriously consider moving away from Tesco banking products. I am interested in the reason(s) that Tesco Bank does not support Android Pay and speculate they may include the following :
    1. Technical. Tricky, but as Android Pay seems to work on all tap to pay transaction points and many Tesco stores already support tap to pay in store the technical objection seems a hard one to run with.
    2. Legal / Privacy: Maybe the legal agreement with Google has one or more clauses that Tesco don't like. Perhaps there are data sharing / transaction sharing issues that Tesco does not like?
    3. Financial: Maybe Google wants to make a charge for each transaction that Tesco finds unacceptable..
    4. Security: Perhaps Tesco believes that Android Pay is insecure in some way and consequently does not want to expose either the bank or their customers to the risk.
    5. Corporate priority: Tesco does not see this as important at this time. (Perhaps the current number of active Android Pay users is not seen as significant).
    These reasons are of course merely my mental meandering but it would be nice if Tesco could clarify their actual reason(s) for lack of Android Pay support. Anyway to sum up here is my plea to Tesco Bank. Please either support Android Pay and make your customers happy, or at least give us a good reason why you don't :-)
    This is a really sensible augument on the thread and gets away from the Andriod v Apple theme I quote this section of the excellent post "Security:Perhaps Tesco believes that Android Pay is insecure in some way and consequently does not want to expose either the bank or their customers to the risk." This is perhaps the most relevant part of the post as it carries some wieght, I say this as I have both Andriod and Apple devices, and alway use the Apple device for payment as it has the added security of demanding a finger print prior to authorizing the transaction, wereas my Andriod device just needs to be unlocked for the payment to go through I do not wish to get involved in the Andriod v Apple debate as both devices have merit, but for me I always feel safer using Apple Pay than Google Pay as the extra layer of autherisation on Apple Pay is somthing I value So maybe Security is an element that influence Tesco when it comes to this issue
    Tesco hackers used mobiles to launder haul - The Sunday Times http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/te...haul-92tjftd57 Raiders used contactless accounts to spend stolen £2.5m in US and Brazil The criminals behind the Tesco Bank cyber-heist went on a spending spree in shops in the US and Brazil to launder their ill-gotten gains, The Sunday Times can reveal. The thieves used data stolen from the British lender to set up contactless payment accounts on smartphones, sources said. In a co-ordinated raid last weekend, they bought thousands of low-priced goods from stores, swiping their mobile phones at the tills. Many of the fraudulent transactions are understood to have been made in American electricals retailer Best Buy. The gang took £2.5m from 9,000 Tesco Bank customers before the lender detected suspicious activity and froze all online payments.
    "The thieves used data stolen from the British lender to set up contactless payment accounts on smartphones,"sources said. Not to labour the point, but this could only be done on an Android phone, as with an Apple device a finger print would have to be used to autherise the transaction but with an Android device the phone would only have to unlocked then anyone could use Google Pay on it Ironically this maybe one of the reasons Tesco have not yet allowed thier cards to be used on Andriod Devices