Android Pay / Samsung Pay

Tesco Banks total refusal to add Android Pay has resulted in my switching banks which will complete tomorrow. I've closed all 4 savings accounts, my current account and my two credit cards. We have also stopped using the Delivery Saver as the benefits are no longer what they once were. So Tesco has now lost a very large proportion of my business because they are too slow to react to customer demands. My new back supports android pay and as a frequent traveller in London this has already made my life that much easier, being able to use my phone instead of having to get my card out to go on London Transport it simply lovely. It's little things like this that please customers. Secure or not, it's for the customer to decide what technology they want to use and for you as a bank to listen and support us. This isn't the only reason I am leaving the bank, I feel other banks offer more and that Tesco is so uncompelling now as an offering. I signed up as soon as the bank opened and hoped for better things. Instead I find Tesco bank overall a poor showing offering little value and more ddificult banking. So Bye bye Tesco Bank. Years of not listening results in customers leaving. Don't expect me to be recomeneding your services any time soon.
    Thanks Wizard Jack, The above workaround works and I can now use my Tesco Card with Google Pay! However, it looks like if you use this method to make a purchase in Tesco, you don't get your usual Club Card points. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?
    However, it looks like if you use this method to make a purchase in Tesco, you don't get your usual Club Card points. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?It looks like if you use Curve in Tesco (with your Tesco Credit Card selected in Curve), you have to scan your Clubcard separately to get your standard Tesco points. If you use Curve without scanning your Clubcard you get ... 1 point for every £8 spent on the Tesco Card (via Curve) Using the Curve card in Tesco (with your Tesco Credit Card selected in Curve) you get ... 1 point for every £1 spent (if you scan your Clubcard) 1 point for every £8 spent on the Tesco Card (via Curve) If you simply used your Tesco Credit Card to pay in a Tesco Store you get ... 1 point for every £1 spent (standard Clubcard points) 1 point for every £4 spent on the Tesco Card
    Use your Curve/Tesco cc with Tesco Pay That should sort the problem out
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi 

We don't currently plan to support Android Pay, however we are always looking at making banking as convenient as possible and we will keep listening to customers to develop the services we offer. We will always let our customers know about our new products and services first – so it is worth keeping an eye on our website.

Now that it is August 2022 are Tesco Bank any closer to supporting Android Pay?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi 

We don't currently plan to support Android Pay, however we are always looking at making banking as convenient as possible and we will keep listening to customers to develop the services we offer. We will always let our customers know about our new products and services first – so it is worth keeping an eye on our website.

Now that it is August 2022 are Tesco Bank any closer to supporting Android Pay?
    Former Community Manager
    @Abi2022 Yes we are actively looking into this. When we have an update we will let the Community know.
    On the look out
    I've had a reply to this from @RossM, the Test Community Manager regarding this frustration, which is promising.

"Hi, yeah the position has changed in that we are looking into bringing Google Wallet/Pay to Tesco Bank Credit Cards. However, I honestly can't say a timescale at the moment as we don't have one. The change is made at Googles side rather than us having to make changes here (other than communicate how to use the function). So any timescale I provided would be misinformation as I simply don't know how long it is going to take."

So, it seems that the statements being made on some of these threads might be happening, but Google needs to play ball too!
    Former Community Manager
    Hey, those within this thread may want to check out the below link. Google Pay is coming :)

Google Pay is coming - Tesco Bank Community