Android Pay / Samsung Pay

The latest UK market share data (Oct 16) has Android at 53% and iOS at only 44% - therefore Android has a 20% higher share. So why no Android pay?

Personally I think that Tesco are a poor bank. I have a Tesco Clubcard Plus account, which I use for all my food shopping. I pay a fixed amount in at the the beginning of the month and then spend it throughout. The card isn't Chip'n'Pin, so I am unable to use the self service tills instore. If these were able to be used on android pay, then not only would it be a major benefit to their customers, but would negate the need for Tesco to issue new chip'n'pin cards to all their customers. How much a saving would that be!

The Royal Bank of Scotland have signed up to Android Pay and they are the ones who run the Tesco Credit card on behalf of Tesco. So there is no technical reason behind this

Therefore it has to be down to some form of exclusivity deal they have with Apple. Which may or may not be linked to Tesco's mobile phone deal with Apple.

My recommendation would be to switch to another credit card provider, who does support AP, and do a balance transfer é.g MBNA, who are offering 42 months interest free.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi the credit cards are provided by and maintained by Tesco Bank since 2010/2011, although they were ran by the Royal Bank of Scotland up to that point.

We have no exclusivity deal with Apple for Tesco Bank Credit Cards.

Still no Android pay ??

I keep checking this thread occasionally to see if I can return and benefit from club card points again.

It's making Tesco seem like a very backward bank to be honest.
    Sadly they are ahead of the curve with their app but its disappointing to see Android pay taking a while as i'm happy with them otherwise. Santander have improved their app a lot recently on Android but still no balance peak. I suspect this is taking longer as Android pay allows for integrating loyalty systems so they are probably trying to wedge in Tesco club card somehow i.e. needs more dev time... Still, please update us!
    Have plans changed now? Is Android Pay coming to Tesco? Very keen to pay with my phone as I do with my First Direct account.Android
    I think the last significant update from TESCO was from on Dec 12.

"At this time we are still not looking to offer Android Pay in the near future. Clearly this is something that people are passionate about, so I know this will be disappointing news. But please do continue to let us know how we can help make your banking easier."

So don't hold your breath! Very disappointing ?
    As soon as I've got my mortgage sorted, I'll be leaving Tesco for a bank that is technologically advanced enough (snigger) to offer both Apple and Android Pay. This is appalling lack of service from Tesco when it's blatantly obvious there are so many customers who want/need Android Pay, especially with Android becoming so popular in the UK now. Can't believe only Tesco credit cards are accepted on Apple Pay and not Tesco debit cards, although that's more fees winging their way into Tesco's pockets each time credit cards are used and racking up customer credit. Poor Tesco, very poor.
    Occasionally been checking back on this post and each time leave disappointed. Figured I'd add to the ever mounting pile of pleas for Tesco to get their arses in gear and get with the times. Makes no sense not to support Android Pay considering Android has had the larger market share for quite a while now. The security of Android Pay is not really the problem here either, it's Tesco's. If Android Pay isn't supported soon I think I'll be changing credit card provider as well... really not much benefit having it from Tesco these days.
    Employee
    Whilst I don't have an update on this thread since last commented, I would like to make you all aware that each and every comment is taken on board, and all are equally important. As soon as we have more information we will be back in touch to keep you all updated.

Please can you give a reason for not supporting Android Pay?