Credit Card First Month Procedure

Hello,
    I was wondering if I could get more details on how the Credit Card system works here at tesco bank, as I am worried I'll miss paying for what I've spent and therefore end up with bad credit.

I am aware specifics cannot be given, however, any experiences or general advice would be greatly appreciated.

I applied for my card on **sensitive info removed**, I received all details, the card and activated it by **sensitive info removed**.

When should I expect my first statement?
    As I intend to pay in full via Direct Debit, of which appears to be successfully set up.

Cheers,
    Lee
  • 2 Replies

Dates have been removed, was unaware this happens.
    Supervisor
    Hello Lee, You should get a statement around a month after your account opened (in my case the 15th of every month). I personally recommend signing up for Tesco Bank's Online Servicing. Or downloading the app if you have a qualifying smartphone. Make sure for the first payment you make it manually; although your Direct Debit has been set up successfully sometimes it doesn't kick in for the first due payment. I usually find any Faster Payments I make are credited to my account almost immediately and show up on my Online Statement the next working day (typically after 10pm).