Tesco Credit Card v Clubcard Pay+

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Tesco seem to be making a big thing of the new Clubcard pay+. Please can someone explain to me the difference between the existing Tesco Credit card, which I have, and the Clubcard pay+. As far as I can see, and I don't profess to be an expert, there is no difference.
    There may be a difference in who issues the card. The current credit card is issued by Mastercard and the Clubcard pay+ by Visa - does this mean that Tesco is moving away from Mastercard? Just as Amazon is threatening to move from Visa because they are too expensive?
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi @kenrcooper, thanks for getting in touch. The Clubcard Pay+ account has been designed with your grocery shopping in mind. You can see all of your grocery spending in one place and connect easily to Tesco Clubcard to see the Clubcard points you're collecting and maximise your rewards.

Clubcard Pay+ comes with a debit card that you can use anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, and you'll collect Clubcard points on most of your shopping, both in and out of Tesco. You'll even receive 1 extra Clubcard point for every £1 you spend in Tesco with Clubcard Pay+ for the first 3 months after opening an account. That's double Clubcard points for the first 3 months.

Clubcard Pay+ also includes a Round Up savings account, which lets you build up your savings pot seamlessly by rounding up your spending to the nearest £1 and saving the difference for a rainy day. Your Round Up balance can be transferred out of the account to any other UK bank account in your name at anytime. You can see and manage both accounts in the Tesco Bank Mobile Banking App. If you have any other questions on Clubcard Pay+ then please let me know.