Internet Savings account can't withdraw

Fresh Eyes
    Hi

I opened an Internet Savings Account last night. I transferred a decent sum into it today, and have had reason to access some of it since.

I am unable to withdraw any money. There is no option to do so on the App, and via internet banking when I try to withdraw to my connected account, I get an error message?

When can I withdraw my money, I need it! Is it always this difficult??
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi @ricmag123, thanks for getting in touch. When you open a savings account with us, we'll send you a signature letter by post that you will need to sign and return before any withdrawals can be made. This letter will arrive within 4-6 business days of opening the account. We include a reminder at the beginning of the application process to make you aware of this.

Once we've received back your signed signature letter, you'll be able to transfer money to any nominated account in your name. In the case of an emergency, please call our Savings team on 0345 678 5678 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 3pm) and my colleagues may be able to assist with an earlier withdrawal.