Joint Current Account Transfer to Pay+ Account

Fresh Eyes
    Hello. My wife and I have a joint Tesco Bank Current Account. It works really well. We put a sum on every month and use it to buy shopping and petrol at our local Tesco store and further afield. I'm sorry you are closing the current account, although since you made my Tesco Credit Card and my Tesco Current Account cards look practically identical (stupid thing to do!) hopefully the Pay+ card will have a different appearance.

I have tried to apply for the Pay+ account as it seems to be the obvious replacement for the current account card as we'll use it in exactly the same way, except for the overdraft facility. However, I couldn't find the relevant option for a joint Pay+ account.

I do hope someone can assist with the joint application.

Many thanks

Chris Nairne
  • 6 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi Chris, @ChrisNairne

I'm sorry to say Tesco at the moment are not offering joint accounts or connected cards on Clubcard Pay+.
    However, it is something they're looking at and hope to offer them shortly.

Hope this helps!!!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi Caz, thank you for your swift reply. I have to say that it rather beggars belief that Tesco can be so absurdly short sited as to launch a new card without accommodating the joint account holding customers whose accounts they are closing!

How stupid!

I'm afraid that is a complete deal breaker. I thought the Pay+ card was the obvious choice to switch to but Tesco have shot themselves in the foot! I shall find an alternative bank to switch to.

Please pass on my extreme frustration and dissatisfaction.

Sorry to rant at you Caz.

Regards

Chris Nairne
    Just looking
    Any progress on this yet? The lack of a joint Clubcard Pay+ account is proving very inconvenient.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @Crepello, I'm afraid that we still don't currently offer joint Clubcard Pay+ accounts. Clubcard Pay+ is not a current account and is not intended to directly replace our current accounts which closed yesterday. You and your wife would be able to apply for a Clubcard Pay+ account each, but not a joint account for the time being. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi JoeC, thanks for your reply. I appreciate that the Clubcard Pay+ is not a current account but my wife and I have a joint Nectar card why not a joint Clubcard Pay+ card? Two cards for the same account so we can both spend from the same deposit pot. I don't care if I have duplicate cards so we can have one each. We both work in different towns and will buy petrol at different times. Sharing one card is not an option.

When are you likely to introduce joint accounts or duplicate cards?

Thanks
    Former Community Manager
    @ChrisNairne I'm afraid we don't have a timescale for this yet but will I will update the Community with an update when we have something to share.