Thanks for Tesco points with current account but grrrrrrr.... why so much hassle?

Just looking
    I was pleased to receive a letter from Tesco Bank telling me I had a lot of Tesco points from using my debit card that I wasn't expecting. Great. Apparently I could register on-line to see what points I'd accumulated. I went to the registration page which announced: "Just fill in your details and click the 'yes' button to register with Tesco.com. It's that easy!" Good, I like easy. But that was the point when Tesco became bit of a pain. Entered my email address but it told me I was already registered. I wasn't. Mrs Arby already had an account and I guessed she must have used my addy as well as her own. But there was nowhere in her account to change it. So I phoned the helpline. Yes, that was it, they said, but no problem. They would disassociate my addy from her account and all would be fine and I could register. It would take 24 hours they said so I tried the next day, and again the next day, and the next week. Nothing had been changed. I still couldn't use my normal email address. Waste of time phoning the not very helpful "Help line" again so I used an old Hotmail address I had. Fine. Filled in the form with name, address, phone numbers and a lot more and clicked Next to get: "Sorry, we couldn't register your details. Unfortunately an error occured while we were registering your details. We are currently investigating the problem and hope to resume service soon. Please try again later."

I tried again later, and tried the next day, and the next day, and tried again today. Tesco are apparently still sorry, still investigating and still hoping to resume service soon. And are still unable unable to register my details. So how does a customer get problems sorted out by Tesco when phoning the help-line is a waste of time. I'm seriously relieved that Tesco isn't my main bank or I wouldn't sleep at night.
  • 3 Replies

Employee
    I'm really sorry you've had such a hassle trying to register your Clubcard . I would find this all very frustrating myself! We will take a look into this for you and hopefully get it all sorted. Can you privately message your full name, Clubcard number and the Hotmail address please?
    Hi

I am stuggling. I am a tesco employee and i am trying to add my previlage card number that i only received today. However when I try to add it it says that it is already set up with another account ?? How can this be when I only got the card today ??? Please help

Gaveena
    Employee
    Hi 

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry you've had problems trying to merge your Clubcard details. If you call our Clubcard department on 0800 591 688, available 8am - 8pm weekdays, 9am - 6pm Saturday and 9am - 5pm Sunday, they should be able to check on the status of the Clubcard and link the accounts together for you.

I hope that helps, but if you have any other issues, please get back in touch.