Help us improve topping up - how are you using it? ⭐️

View Tag Cloud
    Supervisor
    I used the in app top up when the card first arrived to pull money in from my current account with another bank. Pretty quick and painless process and have used that method previously with other bank so knew it was quick and safe - and the money was there by the time I had clicked OK on the notification.

Since then I have a standing order set-up to transfer a set amount in monthly from my current account on pay-day, so I don't need to worry about topping up.
    Fresh Eyes
    Having a complete mare with it to be honest. I can't get the Mobile banking app to load on my tablet, and although I can see my Clubcard pay card in my account on the Tesco bank website, it's unclear whether that means it's activated properly, and there seems to be no way to top it up from there. I've tried transferring a nominal sum over by bank transfer from my bank account, and that didn't work. I'm not sure whether that's because the details for that weren't right, it won't let me do it because my card actually isn't activated, or something else. And the structure of the FAQ section makes it really difficult to find the answers to this, as questions about how to apply, how to top up, and how to make payments with the card are all thrown in together at random. It's a shame, as if I could actually get the flipping thing to work it'd be really useful for managing spending on various things, but unless there's a straightforward way of sorting this out that doesn't involve the app, I think it's just going to sit gathering dust until the techies provide a suitable alternative for those of us with subpar devices.
    Window shopper
    @JamieC We used to use the Tesco Current Account for household expenses as it was an easier way for my wife and I to keep track of our spending. I switched onto the CCP for the same reason, although removal of the ability to do Direct Debits and Standing Orders means that some household expenses have had to be split off again.

I've had no real problems with setting up the account although, like others, I did try to jump the gun and start transfers before the Tesco end was ready for them, and it was easy to set up a standing order from my bank to the new accounts. I also did a bit of 'pump priming' by moving money from my Current Account direct to the RoundUp Account with no problems. It will be 'interesting' later to find out how easy it is to transfer the other way, and to transfer to my Internet Saver account.
    A PROBLEM THOUGH, it seems as though transfers from the CCP account to the RoundUp account (which were done on the day of the purchase) aren't now taking place. Is this a problem with the system, or does it mark a change to the timing of transfers?
    Window shopper
    @JamieC We used to use the Tesco Current Account for household expenses as it was an easier way for my wife and I to keep track of our spending. I switched onto the CCP for the same reason, although removal of the ability to do Direct Debits and Standing Orders means that some household expenses have had to be split off again.

I've had no real problems with setting up the account although, like others, I did try to jump the gun and start transfers before the Tesco end was ready for them, and it was easy to set up a standing order from my bank to the new accounts. I also did a bit of 'pump priming' by moving money from my Current Account direct to the RoundUp Account with no problems. It will be 'interesting' later to find out how easy it is to transfer the other way, and to transfer to my Internet Saver account.
    A PROBLEM THOUGH, it seems as though transfers from the CCP account to the RoundUp account (which were done on the day of the purchase) aren't now taking place. Is this a problem with the system, or does it mark a change to the timing of transfers?
    I should have added that I started the account with £500 and still transfer that amount each month. This is more than I anticipate spending but it ensures that there will always be enough in the account for a sudden expense (such as a car repair) - when the excess gets too much I will transfer it to my Internet Saver or to any account that is beginning to look a bit low.
    Window shopper
    You are so right. I have changed to a Tesco credit card for simplicity. Now they are no longer my bank why would I want to have to keep loading enough money to make it work.
    @JamieC
    it would be so convenient if this card could be loaded directly with cash. Unless it is too technically difficult ( though not for other banks) why is this facility not available?
    Fresh Eyes
    Haven't been able to top up since early December as mobile banking is 'temporarily unavailable'..... i normally do it quickly and easily via the app on my phone but it doesn't log in now, despite me re-loading and updating the app....
    Eagle eye
    Haven't been able to top up since early December as mobile banking is 'temporarily unavailable'..... i normally do it quickly and easily via the app on my phone but it doesn't log in now, despite me re-loading and updating the app....

if by mobile banking you mean the tescobank android app, thats working for me (and i can top up too - although i top up from my nationwide bank account to my tesco clubcard pay+ account and that happens immediately and the topup amount then shows up in my tesco clubcard pay+ account in the tescobank app), so dont understand what you mean by its keeps saying temporarily unavailable?

but yeah, If its the tesco banking app you are talking about maybe try updating it to the most recent version will help with the temporarily unavailable in issue.
    Eagle eye
    Just a quick question - I know you can topup within the app etc, but can i top up Pay+ with a credit card?
    Former Community Manager
    @dw4536 Hey, I'm afraid not. The product is not designed to be topped up via a Credit Card.