Curve Card

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi. Back in July I had problems when started using my curve card that was connected to my tesco debit card. Tesco constantly said it was curves fault vice versa. Teaco even told me curve had confessed to them. Cut a long journey short I found out on 28th September tesco admitted they had caused the problem not to me who was affected but to curve but still after admitting the problem to curve they continued to tell me was still curves fault.

After discussing at length I spoke with a manager who told me she received information in September that the problem might be there fault but yet other managers weren't told this.

Thing is what angers me they kept saying it was curves fault even when certain tesco staff new it wasn't.

Other thing is they have said that you can continue to use your tesco current account as normal until closure on the 30th November but you can't because as of 15 Oct you can not deposit money into your account via a tesco store, so you can't operate your tesco current account normally.

Anyone else have problems with tesco and curve??
  • 10 Replies

Former Community Manager
    @Ardslad Hey, I'm not aware of any issues with using your card with Curve. Can you share some more info about what happened?
    Fresh Eyes
    @RossM the grouping of transactions whilst pending and also funds being held to the side. Sorry Ross do you work for the bank??
    Former Community Manager
    Yes, I am a Tesco Bank employee. Can you expand on what you mean around the above so I can speak to our team for an answer?
    Fresh Eyes
    @RossMits not tesco credit card it's debit card so problems you have with curve where is blame currently with??

Also mentioned bank you stopped allowing people putting money into there account middle of October but yet suggest they can still use there account normally till end of November
    Former Community Manager
    @Ardslad apologies, I'm not aware of any issues with using Curve at all. Is there any more information you can share? I'm not quite sure what you're experiencing so I can get an answer.
    Fresh Eyes
    @RossM so when a curve card was used for eg Asda first for £10 then Spar for £10 it would appear as a pending charge to Asda for £20 until the money leaves your account.

Other times you use your Curve card and there is amount pending to go to them eg £100 but there is also a separate transaction pending as well.

And what about using your account as normal but yet you cant add funds via teaco store.

Your Community Expert
    Hi @Ardslad, thanks for the extra information. Just to check, are the issues with viewing the transactions appearing on our mobile app/online banking when you use the Curve card for your Tesco Bank current account? I just want to make sure that these issues are appearing on our side and not on Curve's.

In terms of paying in cash in Tesco Stores, I understand your point on how this is a change to how you can use the current account before it closes at the end of November. However, the decision to no longer accept cash payments into accounts in-store is one that affects all of our accounts, and doesn't just affect the current account which closes next month. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.
    Eagle eye
    I tried curve & sacked it off after 2 days as its rubbish, and just creates problems.

Im no fan of tesco bank but I'd wager any issues are curves doing
    Fresh Eyes
    Yes I've had multiple issues using Curve with Tesco bank. Typically I have pending Curve transactions which increase in value every day, for example I paid £75 at gatwick airport duty free, it showed as pending for several days and ended up over £1000. Eventually it showed the normal amount, but is obviously concerning.