Is this the same as a Clubcard Credit Card?

Fresh Eyes
    I currently have a Clubcard Credit Card, is this the same as Clubcard Pay+ if not what are the differences?
  • 5 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hey Phillip, thanks for getting in touch.

These are two different types of accounts. Clubcard Pay+ has been designed with your grocery shopping in mind, to help you manage your shopping budget each month. You can see all of your grocery spending in one place, and connect easily to Tesco Clubcard to see the Clubcard points you're collecting and maximise your rewards. It comes with a debit card that you can use anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, and you'll collect Clubcard points on most of your shopping, both in and out of Tesco. It also comes with a Round Up savings account, which lets you build up your savings pot seamlessly by rounding up your spending to the nearest £1 and saving the difference for a rainy day. Your Round Up balance can be transferred out of the account to any other UK bank account in your name at anytime. You can see and manage both accounts in the Tesco Bank Mobile Banking App.

If you have any further questions then please let me know :)
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP Can I use my existing debit card or would I need to take out a new one? If I had to take out a new one can you get two cards one for me and one for the wife?
    Eagle eye
    Couple of points.

How exactly does it help me manage my shopping budget?

You say you collect clubcard points from it by shopping in tesco. I think you'll find you don't (beyond the 3 month introduction period)
    Your Community Expert
    @PhillipBell001 If you open a Clubcard Pay+ account, we'll send you a new Visa debit card and PIN to be used for your Clubcard Pay+ account. We’re not currently offering joint accounts or connected cards on Clubcard Pay+, however we do hope to offer them in the future so keep an eye on the Community as we'll post an update here as soon as we have one.

- - - Updated - - -

@ZeroSum Clubcard Pay+ is designed to help you manage your shopping budget each month as you can see all of your grocery spending in one place and connect easily to Tesco Clubcard to see the points you're earning and maximise your rewards.

For the first 3 months (100 days to be exact) after you open your Clubcard Pay+ account you’ll collect 2 Clubcard points for every £1 you spend using your Clubcard Pay+ debit card, on qualifying products in Tesco and on Tesco Fuel (excludes Esso). That’s one extra Clubcard point for every £1 you spend. After 100 days, you will go back to the Clubcard points collection rate you usually get in Tesco when using your Clubcard.

In addition to the Clubcard points collected in Tesco, you also collect 1 Clubcard point for every £8 you spend outside Tesco.
    Eagle eye
    I still fail to see how it helps manage budgets beyond using a 2nd bank account that you keep separate for grocery shopping. And it's a bit of a stretch to claim you're maximising rewards given there's several better alternatives.

The 2nd bit, is pretty much what I said. After the 100 days you don't get points for shopping in tesco as you'd get them anyway via the normal clubcard. So I'm actually better off not using it for tesco shopping