Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

Confused about Clubcard Pay+
    13-10-21 , 08:10

I already have a Tesco debit card so what is the difference in using this with Tesco Pay+ and the new Tesco Clubcard Pay+?
    Click below to see solutions
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Best Answer
    15-10-21 , 08:17

@PhillipBell001

It's basically just a prepaid debit card that they're bringing in as they're closing the current accounts.

You're correct that if you have their credit card it's a waste of time (and rewards on credit card are marginally better as you actually get them for shopping in tesco)

I think the only benefit of it, is for those whove been made bankrupt & can't get any decent financial products
    ​​​​​​​
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 161

14-10-21 , 09:09

@PhillipBell001 Hey! I've replied to your other thread outlining the main features and purpose of the Clubcard Pay+ account :)
    Thumbs Up

14-10-21 , 13:41

Your debit card with tesco current account is finishing at the end of next month. This just replaces it but Weirdly you don't get clubcard points (beyond the 3 month introduction offer) for shopping in tesco, but do elsewhere.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 30

14-10-21 , 14:29

@ZeroSum I've now replied to your post on the other thread, but I've also outlined the collection rate below :)

'For the first 3 months (100 days to be exact) after you open your Clubcard Pay+ account you’ll collect 2 Clubcard points for every £1 you spend using your Clubcard Pay+ debit card, on qualifying products in Tesco and on Tesco Fuel (excludes Esso). That’s one extra Clubcard point for every £1 you spend. After 100 days, you will go back to the Clubcard points collection rate you usually get in Tesco when using your Clubcard.

In addition to the Clubcard points collected in Tesco, you also collect 1 Clubcard point for every £8 you spend outside Tesco.'
    Thumbs Up

14-10-21 , 15:59

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieT View Post
    @ZeroSum I've now replied to your post on the other thread, but I've also outlined the collection rate below :)

'For the first 3 months (100 days to be exact) after you open your Clubcard Pay+ account you’ll collect 2 Clubcard points for every £1 you spend using your Clubcard Pay+ debit card, on qualifying products in Tesco and on Tesco Fuel (excludes Esso). That’s one extra Clubcard point for every £1 you spend. After 100 days, you will go back to the Clubcard points collection rate you usually get in Tesco when using your Clubcard.

In addition to the Clubcard points collected in Tesco, you also collect 1 Clubcard point for every £8 you spend outside Tesco.'

You aren't contradicting me. Im fully aware how it works. After 100, it doesn't pay to use it for Tesco shopping which is just baffling & disingenuous to suggest it does.

After the end of November, when the current account closes, I'm finished with tesco bank as it no longer offers any real benefit.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

15-10-21 , 08:03

@ZeroSum I thought it was a credit card you get with this? If so pointless as I already have a Tesco credit card.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 455
    Given: 1,045

15-10-21 , 08:56

@PhillipBell001 Just to confirm, Clubcard Pay+ does not provide any credit facility.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap