• Changing pin for the first time

Hello there, I'm having trouble changing my given PIN for something more memorable, on my new current account. What I describe below has happened twice now. I successfully give the PIN that was sent to me, navigate to the change PIN service, put my new PIN in, then confirm it. The screen says processing for about a second or two, then says "incorrect pin given, try again". I'm not sure what is happening, it can't be the original PIN as it wouldn't have let me even get that far. I made sure the new PINS matched when I had to enter them. It's not an urgent issue for me as I have another current account with money in but I don't want to be like this forever, I may want to withdraw cash or use the debit card to pay for something. Thanks for reading
    Click below to see solutions
  • Hello there, I'm having trouble changing my given PIN for something more memorable, on my new current account. What I describe below has happened twice now. I successfully give the PIN that was sent to me, navigate to the change PIN service, put my new PIN in, then confirm it. The screen says processing for about a second or two, then says "incorrect pin given, try again". I'm not sure what is happening, it can't be the original PIN as it wouldn't have let me even get that far. I made sure the new PINS matched when I had to enter them. It's not an urgent issue for me as I have another current account with money in but I don't want to be like this forever, I may want to withdraw cash or use the debit card to pay for something. Thanks for reading
    Click below to see solutions
  • Best Answer Re: Changing pin for the first time

Hello there. Which ATM(s) are you attempting to change your PIN on? I find some ATMs from other banks won't change the number as requested (I assume it's because they are a different financial institute). If you can (and haven't done so already) find a NatWest/RBS/Tesco cash machine and see if it works there?
  • Hello there. Which ATM(s) are you attempting to change your PIN on? I find some ATMs from other banks won't change the number as requested (I assume it's because they are a different financial institute). If you can (and haven't done so already) find a NatWest/RBS/Tesco cash machine and see if it works there?
  • Re: Changing pin for the first time

Hi there,Thanks for the reply. It was on a Tesco branded ATM outside an extra store. I can and will try my local NatWest however.
  • Hi there,Thanks for the reply. It was on a Tesco branded ATM outside an extra store. I can and will try my local NatWest however.
  • Re: Changing pin for the first time

Just tried it, worked first time. Thanks again.
  • Just tried it, worked first time. Thanks again.
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap