insured for driving lessons in own car?

Fresh Eyes
    Hi,

I have tesco car insurance on my vehicle on basis of my provisional licence. I wanted to confirm if the insurance covers me to take lessons with a professional instructor in my car and to take my test in it. I've seen other messages that it's OK to take your test as long as you change insurance before driving home, if you pass but couldn't find any info about using your car in driving lessons. Any help would be appreciated.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi @quietfool, thanks for getting in touch. You are covered to sit your test in your own vehicle. Please be aware though, if you pass and plan on driving home you'll need to call us first and update the policy to reflect you now have a full licence. However, in terms of being able to take driving lessons in the car we'd need to speak to you over the phone to check a few details and see whether this will be possible or not. Please give our team a quick call on 0345 246 2895 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 2pm), and one of my colleagues will be able to take a closer look. Hope this helps.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!