Unknown payments

Fresh Eyes
    On my latest statement and the one before there are several payments labelled Cash transaction and one labelled Interest which I know nothing about.How can I find out what these are for and stop them happening
  • 5 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi @annand56

I feel the best thing for you to do is send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' from here so they can look into this for you.

To do this click on this link: https://community.tescobank.com/...newpm&u=447614

Complete it with your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Fresh Eyes
    I sent a message and was told that it would be a payment taken by the organisation I was paying and that Tescos then have to charge interest on any cash payments. I tracked down that it was Mango Bank and that each cash payment was taken the same day or shortly after payments I am making to Curamcare. I contacted Curamcare and they contacted Mango Bank who have noe replied saying they do not make any charges such as this and they will contact Tescos Bank. I have just checked my latest statement and more charges have been taken as follows

Thu 30 Sep 21 CASH TRANSACTION FEE £0.60
    Thu 30 Sep 21 CASH TRANSACTION FEE £1.80
    Tue 28 Sep 21 MGP*CURAMCARE LIMITED? £15.00
    Tue 28 Sep 21 MGP*CURAMCARE LIMITED? £45.00
    Tue 28 Sep 21 SAINSBURY'S S/MKTS £15.94
    Tue 28 Sep 21 CASH TRANSACTION FEE £1.80
    Sat 25 Sep 21 MGP*CURAMCARE LIMITED? £45.00
    Please help
    Your Community Expert
    @annand56 Hey there, sorry to hear you've had some unexpected charges on your account. We consider the following types of payments to be cash transactions: wire/international money transfers, repaying borrowing, purchasing non-Sterling currency outside of Tesco, payments to prepaid or virtual cards, purchasing gift cards, investments and share trading.

When you make a cash transaction, we charge a fee of 3.99% and interest at your standard cash transaction rate. This is from the date of the transaction until the date this cash balance is paid.

If you have made a cash transaction, you will see interest charged over two statements. The first statement will show the cash transaction fee and the interest from the date of the transaction until the statement came out. The second statement will show interest accounting for the period between the first statement coming out and the balance being paid in full. After this there’d be no more interest applied to this specific transaction. I've also linked more information below on cash transaction fees.

If you'd like me to take a closer look at this for you, please follow the instructions posted above by @25H and send us a private message.

https://community.tescobank.com/content/3323
    Fresh Eyes
    I have now looked into this further and found that all the "cash payments" were for payments to a company called CuramCare which I am using for care for my husband. It is not a cash payment but solely using Tesco credit card. I contacted Curamcare about this and they have now come back to me and confirmed that this is the case. They say they use Mango Bank for their payments and Mango Bank have also confirmed that they make no extra charges to the amount actually due. They also said that someone from Mango Bank would contact Tesco Bank but I do not know if they have actually done so.
    I used this company previously this year paying with my Tesco credit card and no extra charges were taken then.
    I have now started paying them with a different credit card and no extra charges are being taken by that bank
    It would therefor seem that the mistake is all on your part and I would like all the charges to be refunded immediately.
    Ann Sharp
    Your Community Expert
    @annand56 Thanks for clarifying this. If you call the Credit Card team directly, they'll be able to investigate further. You can reach them on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help. I hope you get it all sorted.