Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

unknown DD taken by Tesco bank
    01-09-21 , 13:44

I don't bank with Tesco. I've just checked my bank statement and I have a DD being paid to tesco bank that I know nothing about. First payment of £10.62 came out at the end of July and another one on 26th August. Apparently another due in september. How do i find out what its for?
    I've checked on the forum & the same question has been asked but then the replies make absolutely no sense - clicking on links to take you to web pages that don't exist. Suggestions to send a private message with your DOB.....the forum/webpage for the bank is impossible to navigate and actually find useful information.
    Click below to see solutions
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Best Answer
    01-09-21 , 19:27

Thanks for the message!
    My bank told me to call Tesco bank which I did. Dialled the number as though I was having problems with a Tesco bank account. Spoke to a lovely lady who asked for the direct debit reference number; apparently the 1st few characters of the reference number relate to what type of payment/product the DD is for. Mine started with 3111 & so was for insurance. With this info I was able to sort the issue out - our house insurance had come up for renewal a few months ago & my husband had shopped around for a cheaper deal which he had got. Unfortunately he hadn't actually told me with whom - it was Tesco, so the mystery is solved!

It would be helpful if Tesco bank actually put this sort of info on the web page so its easy to find.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 991
    Given: 562

01-09-21 , 14:52

Hi @Sparrow33

The best place to start is with the bank that the DD came out of.
    If you bank online you should be able to see the DD's leaving your account.
    If not, contact your bank directly and ask them.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 991
    Given: 562

01-09-21 , 20:30

Hi @Sparrow33

Really pleased you got it sorted :-)

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 439
    Given: 920

03-09-21 , 11:33

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow33 View Post

It would be helpful if Tesco bank actually put this sort of info on the web page so its easy to find.
    @Sparrow33 thank you so much for sharing your experience here and helping the OP. Can I check what information on the website would of helped you here?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap