Why do you make it so hard to contact you to complain?

I have lost my patience with your extremely poor online banking services and ESPECIALLY your non-existant support. I have just sat on two phone calls to Tesco Bank staff who were as useful as a chocolate fire guard. I have been through a testing couple of years from a marriage break up and this card was one of the cards that I have had to pay back debt to. I have eventually managed to pay back this debt but somehow you are now in debt to me by £12. I have tried continuously to claim this £12 back so that you are not in debt to me but I am having constant issues with your security number system where you send it out and I have to use it to log in. The last time I called I was told to wait til I got the number through the post and call in to help step me through this. When I called, the girl told me to request my username which had frozen my account yet again and now i am being told i will need to wait yet another week for a number to be sent out. Is this was banks do to try and frustrate people into not claiming their own money back???? I answered a whole series of personal questions right but as I didnt have access to just ONE question I have been frozen out for the 3rd time. This has been one of the most trying episodes I have ever endured with a financial institution and to be honest I find it wholly unprofessional and completley UNHELPFUL! I will certainly be finding my way on to social media to let others know how unhelpful tesco bank are. I honestly cant believe that when you even show that you are unhappy on the phone call that they dont offer you someone else to talk to and just let you leave the call completely unhappy and disgruntled. To wrap this up then, you owe me £12 but you are making it almost impossible for me to get this money back. But its fine because I can wait yet another week and I can recieve another temporary number that I can call in with and somebody else can find another way to make it awkward for me to claim this back. I am determined to hold out until I get this paultry fee back as its mine but trust me when I say that I will never use your services again and will use a proper bank that is established and knows what they are doing and most importantly has compassion for their customers and doesn't try and make them feel **bleep** or inadequate on the phone when they have no idea of what somebody's previous circumstances have been.
  • 4 Replies

Employee

I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems getting a refund from your Tesco Bank Credit Card. I understand how frustrating this has been for you. To enable us to refund we do need all Customers to be able to pass the security previously set up by them. I can certainly log a complaint for you as you are unhappy with our security processes, however you will need the new temporary security number to reset your permanent security, before a refund can be made. I have sent you a private message with further information, can you please respond when it is convenient for you? please include  when you respond to my private message.Thanks.
    I totally agree with you! - It is next to impossible to actually find the relevant (or any) help page and you just end up in a never ending loop clicking between 'make a complaint', selecting 'online banking' contact details and back to 'make a complaint'! - Effing useless! :-@Plus the one week per ID - I hope you are going to (or did) charge Tesco's Bank interest at 18.9% for each week they delayed your payment, ooh, and don't forget to charge them a further £12 for every time you had to contact them!
    @MargaretC
    How do I get to speak to a person when the options given do not apply to my query? I was not informed of date that money would be taken out of my account even though I requested 3 days notice. Result money taken out 7 days in advance and being overdrawn. How do I cancel my Tesco Banking?
    Community superstar
    Hi @JoJoJo

I'm really sorry to hear this.
    I would suggest you send Tesco bank a private message from here.

Click on this link: https://community.tescobank.com/priv...newpm&u=447614
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    You will receive a reply to your private message.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H